This week's virtual 'CST Friendship Group' has a theme of 'Cats', as 'International Day Of Cats' is on 8th August.
We asked members to come to the virtual group with either their cat or other pet, or a photograph of them. We then discussed who is a 'cat person' or a 'dog person', or who indeed doesn't like either.
We discussed the good things about cats:
- Their affection
- Their purrs and miaows
- Their fluffy coats
- Their independence
- Being able to leave them for a time.
And the not so good things:
- Bringing in birds and mice
- Fur balls
- Um, scenting
- Cleaning the litter tray
- They are the boss!
People also mentioned cats' reactions to Catnip!
Next, we completed these well known phrases about cats together:
- Fight Like Cat And DOG (Have a scrap)
- Raining Cats And DOGS (Hammering down)
- (Like) Herding CATS (Keep still!)
- (There’s) More Than One Way to Skin A CAT (Choose an alternative path)
- (To Put the) Cat Among(st) the PIGEONS (cause an argument)
- A Cat Has Nine LIVES (old saying)
- Have a cat NAP (short afternoon sleep)
- A Scaredy-CAT (frightened)
- Not enough room to swing a CAT (small house)
- Cat got your TONGUE (shy)
- 'Cat On A Hot Tin ROOF' (Tennessee Williams' play)
- Play Cat-and-MOUSE (chase)
- Cool for CATS (dude)
- 'Curiosity Killed The CAT' (80s pop group)
- Fat Cat (banker)
- Cat's CRADLE (children's game with string)
- Cat BURGLAR (thief)
- Let the Cat Out of the BAG (tell a secret)
- Like The Cat That Got The CREAM (pleased with yourself)
- Look What the Cat Dragged IN (dishevelled appearance)
- Not A Cat In Hell’s CHANCE (the odds are low)
- Who’s She, the Cat’s MOTHER? (bossy)
MUSIC & PICTURE QUIZ
We then moved on to our picture and music quiz.
Round 1. Name The Children's TV Cats
1. Name the cat and the policeman?
2. Name the cat and his owner?
3. Name the cat and the postman?
4. Name the cat?
5. Name the cat?
6. Name the cat and mouse?
TV theme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cu0KOzunpI
7. Name the cartoon cat and dog?
8. Name the cat and detective?
TV intro - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bii-PIGprv8
9. Name the child safety advert cat?
10. Name the cat and breakfast cereal? ("They're great!")
11. SONG. 'I Tawt I Taw A Puddy-Tat', Mel Blanc - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38aDWDUjlOY )
Name the cat and the bird?
ROUND 2. Famous People & Their Cats
Name these cat lovers ...
22. SONG. 'Everybody Wants To Be A Cat', 'The Aristocats' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rrXR6n0RTY
Name the two cats?
ROUND 3. Name The 'Real' Cat
23. Name the TV advert cat from 'Kattomeat'?
24. Name the 'Downing Street Cat'?
25. Name the 'Blue Peter Cat', and who is he pictured with here?
26. Name this cross-eyed lion, and the TV show?
27. Name this character and his cat?
28. Name this caretaker and his cat from the 'Harry Potter' movies?
29. Name the actor and the cat from the 2000 movie 'Meet The Parents'?