This week's virtual 'CST Friendship Group' has a theme of 'Cats', as 'International Cat' is on 8th August.
We asked members to come to the virtual group with either their cat or other pet, or a photograph of them. We then discussed who is a 'cat person' or a 'dog person', or who indeed doesn't like either.
We discussed the good things about cats:
- Their affection
- Their purrs and miaows
- Their fluffy coats
- Their independence
- Being able to leave them for a time.
And the not so good things:
- Bringing in birds and mice
- Fur balls
- Um, scenting
- Cleaning the litter tray
- They are the boss!
People also mentioned cats' reactions to Catnip!
Next, we completed these well known phrases about cats together:
- Fight Like Cat And DOG (Have a scrap)
- Raining Cats And DOGS (Hammering down)
- (Like) Herding CATS (Keep still!)
- (There’s) More Than One Way to Skin A CAT (Choose an alternative path)
- (To Put the) Cat Among(st) the PIGEONS (cause an argument)
- A Cat Has Nine LIVES (old saying)
- Have a cat NAP (short afternoon sleep)
- A Scaredy-CAT (frightened)
- Not enough room to swing a CAT (small house)
- Cat got your TONGUE (shy)
- Play Cat-and-MOUSE (chase)
- Cool for CATS (dude)
- 'Curiosity Killed The CAT' (80s pop group)
- Fat CAT (banker)
- Cat's CRADLE (children's game with string)
- Cat BURGLAR (thief)
- Let the Cat Out of the BAG (tell a secret)
- Like The Cat That Got The CREAM (pleased with yourself)
- Look What the Cat Dragged IN (dishevelled appearance)
- Not A Cat In Hell’s CHANCE (the odds are low)
- Who’s She, the Cat’s MOTHER? (bossy)
MUSIC & PICTURE QUIZ
We then moved on to our picture and music quiz.
(If you click on the first photo, a slide show will open.)
Round 1. Name The Children's TV Cats
1. Name the cat and the policeman?
2. Name the cat and his owner?
3. Name the cat and the postman?
TV intro - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiFNt8nGffA
4. Name the cat?
5. Name the cat?
6. Name the cat and mouse?
TV theme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cu0KOzunpI
7. Name the cartoon cat and dog?
TV intro - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR_mFRE6qKc
8. Name the cat and detective?
TV intro - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bii-PIGprv8
9. Name the child safety advert cat?
10. Name the cat and breakfast cereal? ("They're great!")
TV advert - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU8qXkNzogw
11. SONG. 'I Tawt I Taw A Puddy-Tat', Mel Blanc - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38aDWDUjlOY )
Name the cat and the bird?
ROUND 2. Famous People & Their Cats
Name these cat lovers ...
22. SONG. 'Everybody Wants To Be A Cat', 'The Aristocats' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rrXR6n0RTY
Name the two cats?
ROUND 3. Name The 'Real' Cat
23. Name the TV advert cat from 'Kattomeat'?
24. Name the 'Downing Street Cat'?
25. Name the 'Blue Peter Cat', and who is he pictured with here?
26. Name this cross-eyed lion, and the TV show?
27. Name this character and his cat?
28. Name this caretaker and his cat from the 'Harry Potter' movies?
29. Name the actor and the cat from the 2000 movie 'Meet The Parents'?
30. Name this character and her cat, from the 1961 film 'Breakfast At Tiffany's'?
31. Name this James Bond villain and what breed is his cat (he didn't have a name?
32. Name this child actress and her cat from the 1965 movie 'That Darn Cat'?
33. SONG. 'Born Free', Matt Monroe - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISWOrI0WaLs
Name this lioness and her rescuer?
ROUND 4. A 'Mixed Bag' Of Cats
34. Name this ancient cat / person goddess?
35. Name these two actors, who appeared in the 1958 film adaptation of Tennessee Williams' 'Cat On A Hot Tin Roof'?
36. Name this actress and singer who played 'Cat Woman' in the third 'Batman' TV series?
37. Name this witch character and the name of the TV series?
38. Name this actress and the 1964 'Carry On' movie?
39. Name this character and actress, and the clothing store based TV comedy?
40. Name this James Bond actor and both the female character and actor's name?
41. Name the lion from the C.S. Lewis 1950 book 'The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe'?
42. Name the cat from the Lewis Carroll 1865 story 'Alice's Adventures In Wonderland'?
43. Name this cat from the A.A. Milne 1921 story 'Winnie the Pooh'?
44. Name this character from the 1957 Dr Seuss book of the same name?
45. Name this character from the Rudyard Kipling 1894 book 'The Jungle Book'?
46. Name this character from the L. Frank Baum 1900 book 'The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz', and what was he looking for?
47. Name this 2012 movie, based on a 2001 Yann Martel book with the same name?
48. Name the lion and lion cub from the 1994 movie 'The Lion King'?
49. SONG. 'Circle Of Life', Elton John - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga-ijQP0KxY
Whilst listening to the song, name as many different breeds of cats as you can?
50. SONG. 'What's New Pussycat', Tom Jones - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFcRDLRvY8E
Complete these Tom Jones song titles:
'It's Not - .......'
'Green, Green - ..... .. ....'
'Help - ........'
'She's A - ....'
'Sex - ....'
A FEW EXTRA SONGS
51. SONG. 'Year Of The Cat', by Al Stewart - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak_MTXQALa0
Name the twelve animals in the Chinese zodiac?
52. SONG. 'Midnight', Elaine Page - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdBVJbzkoqo
Which book is the musical 'Cats' based on?
53. SONG. 'Cool For Cats', Squeeze - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ2cEc_TCH8
What do you call a baby cat?
And a group of baby cats?