Feedback is always gratefully received. It helps me refocus and guides me to tweak content to maximise the effectiveness of the CST activities pages.
Here is some nice recent feedback.
From David and Helen
“We really enjoyed the Thursday quiz. We haven’t laughed like that for ages.”
“As usual, your information is interesting, thought provoking and a complete joy to share with others. You put so much hard work into these sessions. I am so grateful. Thank you!”
“Love this Simon. I've been super busy and needed to come up with an idea for tomorrow’s group and this popped into my mail box! Yet again a massive thank you. Really appreciate your work!”
How lovely. Thanks all for your written and verbal feedback. Please keep it coming.
After discussion with colleagues, our CST activities pages are going to change slightly. There will be slightly reduced and simplified content, to further encourage inclusion and participation.
New format will be as follows:
- Welcome. Setting the theme
- Theme based discussion questions
- 20 theme based idioms (shout out)
- Introductory theme based song
- 30 theme based pictures and questions, with simplified scoring, ie marks out of 30
- questions in 5 rounds, with a theme based song after each round (singalong focus)
- theme based practical activity suggestions
- theme based refreshment suggestions
- supporting information.
This month’s CST activities pages will be:
- ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ (video based material) (1st Dec)
- ‘Winter Wonderland’ (season based theme) (8th Dec)
- ‘Christmas Pop Songs’ (15th Dec)
- ‘Carol Concert’ (22nd Dec)
- ‘Happy New Year’ (5th Jan)
- 'Gone But Not Forgotten' & 'New Year's Honours List' (12th Jan)
- 'Money Makes The World Go Round' (19th Jan)
- 'Scotland' ('Burns Night') (26th Jan)
Just to clarify again, my main aim is to keep this website free and open access. I am not looking to monetise my work. This helps with using various media, under the ‘fair use copyright’ principle. I have had several approaches from publishers and app developers, but (please note) I really am not interested.
The catalogue of theme based CST activities pages has continued to grow this year, despite a significant tech ‘failure’ and re-build requirement. My aim for the forthcoming year will be to continue to grow the resource, both by tweaking existing content and adding new pages.
Analytics are looking good. Summarised as follows:
- 107 Wix subscribers (subscription is free)
- 197 Twitter followers (@simon_dementia)
- 141 Instagram followers (simondementia)
Website activity is as follows:
5,470 unique visitors, with 2,584 repeat visits represents a massive (476%) increase in traffic compared to last year (noting the year is not yet complete).
Thanks again for all your support and good wishes. It really means a lot to me, especially during these difficult times.
Stay well and have a lovely festive season.