Just a fun music and picture quiz, for no particular reason!
Discuss best and worst hairstyles members ever had. Share photos if available.
Discuss going to the Barber and Hairdresser? Who enjoys it? Who hates it?
What was it like going without a haircut during COVID-19 lockdown?
Discuss make up and perfume. And shaving and aftershaves. List products and share favourites. If possible have a sniff test.
Complete these idoms with members, by way of a shout out.
Bad hair DAY
Gentlemen prefer BLONDES
By a hair's BREADTH
Hair of the DOG
Keep your hair ON
Let your hair DOWN
It'll put hair on your CHEST
Tear your hair OUT
A brush with the LAW
A close SHAVE
Bay City ROLLERS
Rapunzel let down your HAIR
Barber Shop QUARTET
Hair today, gone TOMORROW
Who likes the new 'Hipster' look?
MUSIC & PICTURE QUIZ
(Give first names if people get stuck)
Round 1. Identify The Baldies
1. Clue. 'Star Trek', Cpt Jean-Luc Picard
2. Clue. 'The King And I', 1956
3. Clue. 'Saturday Night Fever', 1977
4. Clue. 'Kojak' ("Who loves ya Baby?")
5. Clue. Our future King
6. Clue. Indian Hindu
7. Clue. Olympic Gold, Moscow 1980
8. Clue. 'Little Britain' (The swimmer above was his hero as a child, because he was a bald role model)
9. Clue. 'The Rock'
10. Clue. Female TV presenter
11. SONG. 'Long Haired Lover From Liverpool', Jimmy Osmond - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YriPIujLtsA
His brother Donny's first number 1 hit in 1972?
Round 2. Bad Hair Day
12. Clue. 'Theory Of Relativity'
13. Clue. 'Coronation Street' (Character's name)
14. Clue. 'Are You Being Served?' (Character's name)
15. Clue. 45th President Of The USA
16. Clue. The above person called him 'Little Rocket Man'
17. Clue. Number 10
18. Clue. Holds the record of the most simultaneous entries in the UK Top 40.
19. Clue. 'The Rolling Stones'
20. Clue. Footballer Man Utd
21. Clue. 'Britain's Got Talent'
22. SONG. 'The First Cut Is The Deepest', Rod Stewart - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5NRH_DxWJE
Rod Stewart famously has a hobby. What does he collect and display?
Round 3. Famous Hair
23. Clue. 'Friends' (Character's name)
24. Clue. Desi Arnaz
25. Clue. 'Cleopatra', 1963
26. Clue. 'Star Wars', 1977 (Character's name)
27. Clue. 'The King Of Rock And Roll'
28. Clue. Cardiff born footballer
29. Clue. 'Charlie's Angels'
30. Clue. Number 2 UK hit with 'Valerie', 2007
31. Clue. 'Grease', 1978
32. Clue. 'The Princess Of People's Hearts'
33. SONG. 'Night Fever', The Bee Gees - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op5FxEs1aR0
Name the three Gibb brothers?
Round 4. Shaggy Dog Story
34. Name the TV show?
35. Name the singer?
36. Name the football player & club?
37. Name the films & character?
38. Name the TV show & character?
39. Name the character & 1977 movie?
40. Name the pop star & 1982 album?
41. Who is the movie star & who (above) was he married to?
42. Name the movie star?
43. Name the TV cookery show?
44. SONG. 'One Love', Bob Marley - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0NentNBRlQ
What was the name of his backing group?
What do you call this hairstyle?
45. SONG. 'Fantastic Day', Haircut 100 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsF4suwvpsY
Who was the lead singer?
46. 'Just What I Always Wanted', Mari Wilson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQBZU0d9Gs8
What was her hairstyle?
Have a 'Pampering Session'
Comb or brush member's hair. Use hairspray or Brylcreme if they wish it.
Give them a nail trim and paint their nails with a colour of their choice.
Apply make up, guided by them.
Give them a shave.
Try out different (reminiscence based) perfumes and aftershaves -
Men: 'Brut', 'Old Spice', 'Denim', 'High Karate' & 'Blue Stratos'
Women: 'Anais Anais', 'Rive Gauche', 'Lily Of The Valley' & 'Rose Water'
A share current favourites ...
1. Patrick Stuart
2. Yul Brynher
3. John Travolta
4. Telly Savalas
5. Prince William
6. Mahatma Gandhi
7. Duncan Goodhew
8. Matt Lucas
9. Dwayne Johnson
10. Gail Porter
11. 'Puppy Love'
12. Albert Einstein
13. Hilda Ogden (Jean Alexander)
14. Mrs Slocombe (Molly Sugden)
15. Donald Trump
16. Kim Jon Un
17. Boris Johnson
18. Ed Sheeran
19. Keith Richards
20. David Beckham
21. Simon Cowell
22. Model railways
23. Rachel Greene (Jennifer Anniston)
24. Lucille Ball
25. Elizabeth Taylor
26. Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher)
27. Elvis Presley
28. Gareth Bale
29. Farah Fawcett-Majors
30. Amy Winehouse
31. Olivia Newton-John
32. Lady Diana Spencer
33. Barry, Maurice & Robin
34. 'Scooby Doo' (Shaggy)
35. Mick Jagger
36. Kevin Keegan / Newcastle United
37. 'Harry Potter' / Hagrid
38. 'The Adams Family' / Cousin It
39. Chewbacca / 'Star Wars'
40. Michael Jackson / 'Thriller'
41. Brad Pitt / Jennifer Aniston
42. Russell Crowe
43. 'The Hairy Bikers'
44. 'The Wailers' / Dreadlocks
45. Nicholas Heyward