To celebrate 'Elvis Week', here is a twenty question multi-choice quiz about his life, followed by twenty of his top hits.
Hope you enjoy it.
1. Elvis's nickname was?:
a. 'The Greatest'
b. 'The King Of Rock And Roll
c. 'The Voice'
2. Elvis's real name was?:
a. Lee Marvin Presley
b. Hank Elvis Presley
c. Elvis Aaron Presley
3. Elvis became an accomplished what during the war?:
a. Karate (black belt)
b. Boxing (US champion)
c. Diver (World champion)
4. What was Elvis's ranch called?:
b. 'High Chaparrel'
5. Elvis has sold over how many records worldwide?:
a. 250 million
b. 500 million
c. One billion
6. In 2020 how much was Elvis's estate worth (more than when he died in 1977)?:
a. $23 million
b. $46 million
c. $69 million
7. Elvis's favourite food was?:
a. 'Big Mac n cheese'
b. Peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich
c. Fish and chips
8. Who is the best selling artist ever in the USA?:
b. Michael Jackson
c. Whitney Houston
9. What was Elvis's biggest hit?:
a. 'Jailhouse Rock'
b. 'Love Me Tender'
c. 'Hound Dog'
10. Who had the most number 1 hits (in the UK)?:
a. 'The Beatles'
11. Elvis collected?:
a. Model cars
12. Elvis was a big health advocate. He proved this by?:
a. Making anti-smoking videos broadcast in US cinemas
b. Financing hip surgery research
c. Getting the polio vaccine live on the 'Ed Sullivan Show'
13. Elvis had which phobia?:
a. Germs (germaphobia)
b. Open spaces (agoraphobia)
c. Confined spaces (claustrophobia)
14. Elvis's military rank in WW11 was?:
15. What were Elvis's last words?:
a. "I'm going to the bathroom for a read."
b. "I may see you later."
c. "Be right back."
16. Which songs played at Elvis's funeral?:
a. 'Way Down', 'All Shook Up' & 'Return To Sender'
b. 'How Great Thou Art', 'You'll Never Walk Alone' & 'Stand By Me'
c. 'Are You Lonesome Tonight', 'Heartbreak Hotel' & 'Love Me Tender'
17. The biggest annual Elvis convention is held in which UK seaside town?:
18. Who shot to fame in the 'Elvis' musical in 1980?
a. Shakin' Stephens
b. Leo Sayer
c. Donny Osmond
19. Which UK group had a hit UK single in 1988 with 'The King Of Rock 'N' Roll'?:
a. 'New Order'
b. 'Aztec Camera'
c. 'Prefab Sprout'
20. Which UK artist had a top ten UK hit in 2005 with 'King Of The Mountain'?
a. Annie Lennox
b. Kate Bush
c. Alison Moyet
After the quiz, here come the songs.
Maybe, before playing the songs members choose, go through the 20 song titles giving the first word or letters and asking members to 'complete the song title'?