Here are a few ideas for a Cornwall themed CST session to celebrate 'St Piran's Day' on 5th March.
Start by asking members if they have enjoyed any holidays in Cornwall and what their favourite places are?
Then there is a short 'Music and Picture Quiz' below.
Finish the session with perhaps a 'Cornish Cream Tea' (cream on top) or Fish & Chips.
1. What is the Cornish word for Cornwall?
Who is the Patron Saint?
2. What is the cathedral city in Cornwall?
Is it the only city?
3. Name this North Cornwall fishing village?
Who became famous as a TV chef here?
4. Name the island?
Which French place is it twinned with?
5. Name this North Cornwall castle/tourist attraction?
Which mythical King is associated with this place?
6. Name this 'biblical' Cornish garden?
What is inside the domes?
7. Name this 'Lost Garden'?
Which fishing village are they near?
8. Name this Newquay surfing beach (the lead surfing beach in the UK)?
Apparently, Newquay is a popular destination for parties for brides and husbands to be. What are they called?
9. Name this famous Cornish holiday resort?
Answer the famous riddle: On my way to St. Ives I saw a man with 7 wives. Each wife had 7 sacks. Each sack had 7 cats. Each cat had 7 kittens. Kitten, cats, sacks, wives. How many were going to St. Ives?
10. Name this open air Cornish theatre?
Who started creating it in 1929?
11. Name the Cornish village that was flooded fairly recently? Amazingly, no lives were lost.
What year was it?
12. Name this most southerly tip of the UK?
Nearest guess. How many miles is it to John O'Groats?
13. Where is this ship heading, from Penzance?
Can you name some of the islands?
14. Name this Cornish pie?
What fish are looking skywards?
15. Name this Cornish savoury treat?
For which group of workers was the dish originally created for?
16. Name this dense Cornish cake?
What five simple ingredients do you think are used in making it?
17. True or False. 'Cornish Cream Tea' has clotted cream on top. Devon has it on the bottom?
What type of jam do you use?
18. Who wrote the novel about smuggling called 'Jamaica Inn'?
On which moor would you find the inn?
19. Name this doctor?
Who played him?
20. Who is this? She lives in Fowey.
What was the name of her hit TV series where she played a female vicar?
21. Name this TV series?
Name the actor?
22. Which Gilbert & Sullivan operetta has a Cornish place name in its title?
23. Name this classic 1940 Hitchcock movie?
Which characters are pictured here?
24. Name the 2019 movie, about sea shanty singers from Port Isaac?
What flavour are the cough sweets of the same name?