Here is a straightforward CST music and picture quiz.
You could start by asking members to bring along a family photo, either of their younger selves or their family now. If naming family members might be difficult, ask a care partner to assist by writing down names on the back of the photo.
Ask members if they have or had bothers or sisters, or if they were an only child?
What are the advantages of each?
Being one of six boys, and the youngest of them, I could say the good things were older siblings looking out for you and after you, hand me downs and knowing what you will be wearing next, rowdy family meals and parties and a wealth of music to choose from. There weren't many down sides I can think of, other than sharing a smallish bedroom and having one bath and toilet, but we made do. Mum and Dad were brilliant really, we never went hungry and I can't remember any fights or falling outs.
Everyone will have their own reminiscences. Just take care to know if any members had less happy childhoods so that that can be acknowledged properly.
As always, I love feedback, so do let me know if you and your members enjoyed this one. Also if I have missed anyone obvious out. And thanks for all your helpful suggestions.
ROUND 1. Famous Sisters
1. Name the 19th century authors?
Name each of their most famous books?
- 'Jane ****'
- 'Wuthering *******'
- 'Agnes ****'
2. Name these sisters?
Complete this song title - 'Boogie Woogie ***** ***'
3. Name these sisters?
Complete this song title - 'I Saw Mommy ******* **** *****'
4. Name these sisters?
What was the age gap between them?
5. Name these sisters?
Which two books did the sister on the right write, which the sister on the left starred in when they were made into movies?
- The S***'
- The B****'
6. Name the sisters?
What was their 1987 number 1 hit? - 'R**********'
7. Name the sisters?
Which sister won the most 'Wimbledon Championships'?
8. Name the sisters?
Did they both star in 'Neighbours'?
9. Name the sisters?
What does the one on the right call the Queen?
10. Name the sisters?
Which fashion accessory did the sisters cause a stir with in 2011?
SONG BREAK. 'I'm In The Mood For Dancing', The Nolan Sisters - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbAM2_6jKY0
11. Although they grew up in Dublin, they formed their singing act in which UK seaside town?
VIDEO BREAK - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKgLJLNyLyY
ROUND 2. Famous Brothers
12. Name the fairy tale writing brothers?
Complete the titles of some of their work -
- 'Hansel And ******'
- 'The Pied Piper Of ******'
- 'Snow White And *** ***** *******'
13. Name the brothers?
Name the world's first successful motor-operated airplane that they invented?
14. Name the brothers?
Complete the titles of some of their films:
- 'Duck ****'
- 'Animal ********'
- 'A Day At The *****'
- 'A Night At The *****'
15. Name the brothers?
Who assassinated the US President (on the left) on 22nd November 1963?
16. Name the brothers?
They were the first brothers to win which trophy in 1966?
Here is a highlights video for reminiscence - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMDuHPvNtgg
17. Name the brothers?
Which 1984 movie did the brother on the left win 'Best Director' & 'Best Movie' win Oscars for?
The brother on the right was Knighted in the 2020 'Queen's Birthday Honours List' for services to what?
18. Name the brothers?
Have a heated debate. Which would have made the better Prime Minister?
19. Name the brothers?
Which band did they both feature in?
20. Name the brothers?
The one on the right won the 'Wimbledon Championship' in 2013 & 2016. It was the first time a Brit had won since who in 1936?
21. Name the brothers?
Name their children?
22. SONG BREAK. 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother', The Hollies - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBI9i3HlFVE
Complete the title of this other hit of theirs -
- 'The Air **** * ******'
VIDEO BREAK - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liCRrheKIOI
(If this doesn't make you blub, nothing will! 😭 )
ROUND 3a. Famous Brothers & Sisters
23. Name the famous brother and sister?
24. Name the famous brother and sister?
25. Name the famous brother and sister?
26. Name the famous brother and sister?
27. Name the famous brother and sister?
SONG BREAK. 'They Long To Be Close To You', The Carpenters - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT86AoSGEL8
28. What instruments did each of them play?
ROUND 3b. Famous Twins
29. Name the famous twins?
30. Name the famous twins?
31. Name the famous twins?
Name their group?
32. Name the famous twins?
Which Lib Dem politician were they associated with?
33. Name the famous twins?
Name their group?
SONG BREAK. 'How Deep Is Your Love', The Bee Gees - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpqqjU7u5Yc
34. Which of the brothers were identical twins?
VIDEO BREAK - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGXkLzl68Rw
ROUND 4. Music Round
35. Name the brothers?
Name the band?
36. Name the album?
Name the band?
37. Name the group?
With which song did they win the 1976 'Eurovision Song Contest'?
Here it is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhq_Q1Ut8SQ
38. Name the brothers?
Complete this song title - 'All I Have To Do Is *****'
Here it is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbU3zdAgiX8
39. Name this group?
Complete these song titles:
- 'I Want *** ****'
- 'I'll Be *****'
- 'Blame It On *** ******'
Here is one of those hits - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqxVMLVe62U
40. Name this group?
One of their biggest hits was 'Harvest For The World'. Who re-recorded it in 1988?
Here is the original version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysFBT63OfC0 (It starts proper at about 2 mins in)
41. Name this group?
Complete the titles of the solo hits of the younger members:
- 'Puppy ****'
- 'The Twelfth Of *****'
- 'Long Haired Lover From *********'
- 'Tweedle ***'
Here is one of their other main hits - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alyVF3W3i3g
42. Name the group?
Complete some of their song titles:
- 'Good **********'
- 'Surfin' ***'
- 'I Get ******'
- 'Don't Worry ****'
Here is another one of their hits - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOMyS78o5YI
43. Name the brothers?
What was their other smash hit?
Here it is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYj2hex99gY
44. Before playing this song, name these two artists?
Here it is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drGx7JkFSp4
SONG BREAK. 'We Are Family', Sister Sledge - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyGY2NfYpeE
45. Complete the titles of some of their other top 10 hits:
- 'Lost In *****'
- He's The Greatest ******'
AND FINALLY, A SONG FOR ALL OF US, WHETHER WE HAVE BROTHERS OR SISTERS OR FRIENDS WHO ARE LIKE FAMILY ...
1. Charlotte, Emily & Anne Bronte
2. Andrew Sisters
'Boogie Woogie BUGLE BOY'
3. Beverley Sisters
'I Saw Mommie KISSING SANTA CLAUS'
4. HRH Queen Elizabeth & Princess Margaret
5. Joan & Jackie Collins
6. Mel & Kim Appleby
7. Serena & Venus Williams
Serena won 7 'Wimbledon Championships', Venus won 5
8. Dannii & Kylie Minogue
No. Dannii starred in 'Home And Away'
9. Philippa & Kate Middleton
10. Beatrice & Eugenie Mountbatten-Windsor (though Eugenie recently married)
12. The Brothers Grimm (Willhelm & Jacob)
- 'Hansel And GRETEL'
- 'The Pied Piper Of HAMLIN'
- 'Snow White And THE SEVEN DWARFS'
13. The Wright Brothers (Orville & Wilbur)
14. Groucho, Chico, Zeppo & Harpo Marx
- 'Duck SOUP'
- 'Animal CRACKERS'
- 'A Day At The RACES'
- 'A Night At The OPERA'
15. John, Robert & Ted Kennedy
Lee Harvey Oswald
16. Jackie & Bobby Charlton
'The World Cup'
17. Richard & David Attenborough
Television Broadcasting & Conservation
18. Ed & David Milliband
19. Martin & Gary Kemp
20. Jamie & Andy Murray
21. William & Harry Mountbatten-Windsor
George, Charlotte & Louis / Archie & Lillibet
22. 'The Air THAT I BREATHE'
23. Janice Long & Keith Chegwin
24. Laila Morse & Gary Oldman
25. Shirley MacLaine & Warren Beatty
26. Peter & Jane Fonda
27. Rachel & Boris Johnson
28. Drums & Piano
29. Ronnie & Reggie Kray
30. Norris & Ross McWhirter
31. Luke & Matt Goss / 'Bros'
32. 'The Cheeky Girls' / Lembit Opik
33. John & Edward Grimes / 'Jedward'
34. Maurice & Robin
35. Noel & Liam Gallagher / 'Oasis'
36. 'Brothers In Arms' / Dire Straits
37. 'Brotherhood Of Man' / 'Kisses For Me'
38. 'The Everly Brothers'
'All I Have To Do Is DREAM'
39. 'Jackson Five'
- 'I Want YOU BACK'
- 'I'll Be THERE'
- 'Blame It On THE BOOGIE'
40. 'The Isley Brothers' / 'The Christians'
41. 'The Osmonds'
- 'Puppy LOVE'
- 'The Twelfth Of NEVER'
- 'Long Haired Lover From LIVERPOOL'
- 'Tweedle DEE'
42. 'The Beach Boys'
- 'Good VIBRATIONS'
- 'Surfin' USA'
- 'I Get AROUND'
- 'Don't Worry BABY'
43. 'The Righteous Brothers' / 'Unchained Melody'
44. Aretha Franklin & Annie Lennox
45. - 'Lost In MUSIC'
- He's The Greatest DANCER'