Here is a short quiz to help celebrate 'World Cocktail Day' on 13th May. (It's Friday the 13th this month, so this might be a useful distraction!)
Ask members what their favourite tipple is, or was?
If they were to have a cocktail, what would they choose?
Have members a favourite pub or bar?
After the quiz and playing the music tracks, have members make and enjoy mocktails. Have some prepared ingredients ready to hand.
1. Name this actor who starred in the 1998 movie 'Cocktail'?
2. Which berry distinctively flavours gin?
3. Which ingredient is required to make a 'Pink Gin'?
4. Which cocktail is associated with Wimbledon?
5. Which cocktail do many of enjoy at Christmas?
6. Name this creamy cocktail made with rum, coconut and pineapple?
7. In which city was the 'Bellini' invented?
8. What are the two ingredients of a 'Bucks Fizz'?
SONG BREAK - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO-mxo-14H4
9. What year did this song win at the 'Eurovision Song Contest'?
10. Name the two characters and actors from the TV sitcom 'Absolutely Fabulous'?
11. Name this cocktail which has a girl's name? (It has salt around its rim and a slice of lime is sucked after a drink.)
12. What is the name of this 'Cuban Highball', which is flavoured strongly with mint?
13. How does James Bond like his 'Martini'?
14. What makes a 'Dirty Martini'? (It has a bit of an oil slick on top of the drink.)
15. What is the name of this savoury cocktail, which includes Tabasco Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce?
16. What is the name of this 'Old' Bourbon based cocktail?
17. This cocktail is called a (something) sunrise?
SONG BREAK - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hswHOEQfj8
18. Which country is Tequila associated with?
ADVERTISING BREAK - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkjidE0WnAI
19. Name the actors?
20. What is the name of the 1942 movie which contains the line "Of All The Gin Joints In All The Towns In All The World, She Walks Into Mine." ? & Which actor is pictured here?
21. Name these two actors enjoying a 'Manhattan' in the 1959 movie 'Some Like It Hot'?
22. Name this Hollywood actress drinking a 'White Angel' in the 1961 movie 'Breakfast At Tiffany's'? & Her character name?
23. Name this 1977 drama about a 'Party'? Name the actress in the red dress?
24. Name the actor who starred in the 1981 movie 'Arthur'? Who starred as his butler?
25. Name these two characters and actors enjoying a 'Cosmopolitan' in the TV series 'Sex In The City'?
26. Name this Hollywood actor toasting viewers in the 2013 movie 'The Great Gatsby'?
27. What is the Queen's favourite cocktail?
SONG BREAK - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zROIlspgOjM
28. What is the main ingredient of rum?
ANOTHER SONG - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKR2n-G-wdM
29. Where would you find Copacabana Beach?
ANOTHER SONG - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9sHfcCwTYA
30. In a pub or club, what are the usual times for 'Happy Hour'?
CLOSING SONG - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s__rX_WL100
31. What is a 'Virgin Cocktail'?
Here are some recipes - https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/non-alcoholic-cocktail-recipes
1. Tom Cruise
3. Angostura Bitters
4. 'Pimms Cup'
5. 'Snowball' (Advocat)
6. 'Pina Colada'
8. Orange Juice & Champagne
10. Jennifer Saunders / Edina Monsoon & Joanna Lumley / Patsy Stone
13. "Shaken not stirred!"
14. Olive Oil
15. 'Bloody Mary'
16. 'Old Fashioned'
17. 'Tequila Sunrise'
19. Leonard Rossiter & Joan Collins
20. 'Casablanca' / Humphry Bogart
21. Tony Curtis & Marilyn Monroe
22. Audrey Hepburn / Miss Holly Golightly
23. 'Abigail's Party' / Alison Steadman
24. Dudley Moore / John Gielgud
25. Carrie Bradshaw / Sarah Jessica-Parker & Samantha Jones / Kim Cattrell
26. Leonardo Di Caprio
27. Gin & Dubonnet (A variation on 'Gin and It')
28. Sugar Cane
30. Rio De Janero
31. Non alcoholic mocktails