This is a straightforward picture quiz, with some songs included to break it up. As usual, this CST activities page is about recognition, recall and reminiscence, with a focus on musical memory. Hope your group enjoys it. Please do let me know.
You could start by saying this rhyme together ...
So, the quiz is about the colours yellow and orange. It's arranged in several rounds, with songs interspersed.
Here goes ... (PS. If you click on the first photo, a slide show will open ...)
Round 1. Food
1. Name the vegetable?
Which large colourful man advertised cans of it?
2. Name the fruit?
Which American pop artist painted this picture of one?
3. Name the cake?
T or F. It is Britain's favourite cake?
4. Name the fruit?
Name the cocktail?
5. Name the vegetable?
What do Americans call it?
6. Name the fruit?
Name the herb?
7. Name the sauce?
Which trait is it associated with?
8. Name these two fruits?
9. Name the condiment?
Which animal features on the label?
10. Name the spice?
Name the flower it comes from?
Song break - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrbni0tVBZ8
11. Which UK TV comedy series includes a character names Saffron?
Round 2. Sport & Games
12. Name the game?
Name some other ball games?
13. Name the game?
Name some famous players?
14. Name the race?
Name the winner?
15. Name the middle colour?
What does this sign denote?
16. Name this caution?
Which officer might give you a ticket?
17. Name the game?
Name the yellow properties?
18. Name the game?
What are the yellow and orange categories?
19. Name the game?
Name the yellow character?
20. Name the game?
What is he chasing?
21. What does this flag indicate?
Who might rescue you?
Song break - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2595abcvh2M
22. In which American city would you find big yellow taxis?
Ad break - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2TilNclT8k
23. Name this chap and the book he is looking for?
Round 3. Famous Blonds
24. Name the actress?
What was her nickname?
25. Name the actor?
Which 1980 movie did he win an Oscar for Best Director?
26. Name the actress & singer?
Complete the name of her best seller 'Que **** ****'?
27. Name the actress?
What nationality is she?
28. Name the model?
What is her real name?
29. Name the model?
Which page of 'The Sun' did she frequently feature on?
30. Name the actress?
Name the TV series?
31. Name the singer?
Which competition did he recently nearly win?
32. Name the character?
Which town is the TV series set in?
33. Name the orange President?
Which TV reality series did he host?
Song break - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ3Bb4UsXhU
34. Which film is this song associated with?
Round 4. Nature
35. Name the flower?
Which country is it an emblem for?
36. Name the bird?
Which industry was it associated with?
37. Name the flower?
Which season is it associated with?
38. Name the flower?
What is its seed head called?
39. Name the insect?
Which product do they produce for us?
40. Name the flower?
Which kitchen product is named after them?
41. Name the insect?
Name the variety?
42. Name the bird this grows into?
Which holiday are they associated with?
43. Name the flower?
What does it signify if you hold it up to your throat?
44. Name the flower?
Name the artist?
Song break - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLVq0IAzh1A
45. What is Sting's real name?
Song break - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2uTFF_3MaA
46. Name as many shades of yellow and orange as you can?
Reminiscence - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyn4KJzbL3c
47. Name the two characters in this video?
Song break - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqLLDZvbG-U
48. In which language does 'Amarillo' mean yellow?
Final song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KvHuOY_2Ig
49. You could finish by talking about sunny beach days and beachwear.
What are members' favourite beaches?
Who would dare to wear a bikini or speedos these days?
Is it warm enough to go for a swim in the sea?
Final ad break - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LvLn9PWln8
50. What is this advert for? ("Too orangey for dogs!")
Refreshments suggestions - freshly squeezed orange juice
Or if this quiz has caused you to have a headache, you could have a LemSip (Joke!)
Just in case this quiz has given you a headache ...
1. Sweetcorn / Jolly Green Giant
2. Banana / Andy Warhol
3. Lemon Drizzle / True
4. Pineapple / Pina Colada
5. Courgette / Zucchini
6. Honeydew Melon / Mint
7. Bird's Eye Custard / Cowardice
8. Peaches & Apricots
9. Mustard / Bull
10. Saffron / Crocus
11. 'Absolutely Fabulous'
12. Basketball / Baseball, Cricket, Squash, Football, Tennis, Netball etc
13. Tennis / Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King, Virginia Wade, John McEnroe, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray etc
14. 'Tour de France' / Gareth Thomas
15. Amber / Road Works
16. Double Yellow Lines/ Traffic Warden
17. Monopoly / Leicester Square, Coventry Street & Piccadilly
18. Trivial Pursuit / History
19. Cluedo / Colonel Mustard
20. Pac Man / Ghosts
21. Swim between the flags / Lifeguard
22. New York
23. J.R. Hartley / 'Flyfishing'
24. Marilyn Monroe / 'The Blonde Bombshell'
25. Robert Redford / 'Ordinary People'
26. Doris Day / 'Que Sera Sera'
27. Brigitte Bardot / French
28. Twiggy / Lesley Hornby nee Lawson
29. Sam Fox / Page 3
30. Pamela Anderson / 'Baywatch'
31. Sam Ryder / 'Eurovision Song Contest'
32. Homer Simpson / Springfield
33. Donald Trump / 'The Apprentice USA'
34. 'Wizard Of Oz'
35. Daffodil / Wales
36. Canary / Mining
37. Primrose / Spring
38. Dandelion / Clock
39. Bees / Honey
40. Marigold / Rubber gloves
41. Butterfly / Peacock
42. Chicken / Easter
43. Buttercup / Butter
44. Sunflowers / Vincent Van Gogh
45. Gordon Sumner
46. Amber, Sunshine, Gold, Pumpkin, Bronze etc
47. Speedy Gonzalez & Bugs Bunny