After introductions, ask members of your CST group:
- 'Who likes wearing a bow tie?'
- 'Who prefers a regular tie?'
- 'Who prefers no tie at all?'
- 'Who would prefer to wear jeans and a t-shirt, versus 'black tie'?
- 'For those who do wear a tie or bow tie, whether regularly or occasionally, is it a proper one or a clip-on?'
- 'For what occasions might you wear a tie or suit?
- 'At what occasions might you wear a bow tie or 'black tie' at?'
- 'Has anyone still got a tuxedo or a 'posh frock' for a special occasion?' (Does it still fit?)
- 'Have a go at listing items you might wear to a formal 'do'?'
Here are some ideas to start you off:
- Dress shirt
- Dinner jacket
- Bow tie
- Dress shoes
- Dinner dress
- Ear rings
- High heels
Ask members to complete the following phrases, about things being tied:
- My hands are TIED (no option)
- Tied to your mother's apron STRINGS (a mummy's boy)
- Black TIE (formal dress)
- I could do it with my hands tied BEHIND MY BACK (easy peasy)
- Sever TIES (break bonds)
- Tie yourself in KNOTS (it's complicated)
- Blue collar WORKER (office worker)
- Tie up a few loose ENDS (finish something)
- A chain is only as strong as it's WEAKEST LINK (do people remember the quiz show, hosted by Anne Robinson)
- An Englishman's word is his BOND (you can trust him when he says he will do something)
- At the end of your ROPE (fed up)
- Clothes maketh the MAN (people are judged according to the way they are dressed)
- Fasten your seatbelt, it's going to be a BUMPY NIGHT ('All About Eve')
- Money for old ROPE (getting paid for doing very little)
- The ties that BIND (family ties)
- Tongue TIED (too shy or embarrassed to speak)
- All dressed up and nowhere TO GO (plans have been cancelled at the last minute)
- Best bib and TUCKER (best clothes)
- Birthday SUIT (as naked as the day you were born)
- Catch someone with their pants DOWN (catch someone committing a wrong doing)
- Dressed to KILL (stunning outfit)
- I'll eat my HAT ("I don't believe it!" - Victor Meldrew)
- Wear sackcloth and ASHES (as an apology for wrongdoing)
- Dressed up to the NINES
MUSIC & PICTURE QUIZ
* NB Give clues such as first names if people get stuck. Encourage comments and discussion about people pictured. Skip questions if people pictured aren’t recognised. Go off at tangents as members wish, eg play extra songs mentioned or show movie clips.
1. Who is this bow tie wearer?
Complete this line from one of his speeches: ”Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed ** ** **** ** ** ***."
2. Who is this bow tie wearer?
Name his TV detective series?
3. Who is this bow tie wearer?
He was a TV news presenter with which network?
4. Who is this bow tie wearer?
As well as being a chat show host, what other two things is he famous for?
5. Who is this bow tie wearer?
Which TV sci fi role did he play?
6. Who is this bow tie wearer?
What was his comedy series with David Williams called?
7. Who are these bow tie wearers?
What character did they all play?
8. SONG BREAK. 'Live And Let Die', Wings - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07Z_qfchFk
Who played 007 in 'Live And Let Die'?
9. Who is this bow tie wearer?
Which comedian was he married to, until fairly recently?
10. Who is this bow tie wearer?
Who was his comedy partner?
11. Who is this bow tie wearer?
Where was he born?
12. Who is this bow tie wearer?
Complete these film titles:
'The Maltese ******'
'The African *****'
'The Big *****'
13. Who is this bow tie wearer?
Which breed of dog was his tramp character associated with?
14. Who is this bow tie wearer?
Who was his famous actress aunt?
15. Who is this bow tie wearer?
What was his nickname?
16. SONG BREAK. 'My Way', Frank Sinatra - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAt5b1I1Gmk
Complete some of his song titles:
'Three Coins In The ********'
'Strangers In The *****'
'You Make Me Feel ** *****’
'I've Got You Under ** ****’
17. Who is this bow tie wearer?
Which 2017 Hollywood movie did he dance in?
18. Who is this bow tie wearer?
Name the 1971 movie?
19. Who is this bow tie wearer?
Complete some of his film titles:
'Love And *****'
'Play It Again ***'
'Hannah And Her *******'
20. Who is this bow tie wearer?
Name the football club with which he is most associated?
21. Who is this bow tie wearer?
What dream came true for this young man recently?
22. Who are these bow tie wearers?
Name their wives?
23. Who is this bow tie wearer?
Which group was he part of?
24. SONG BREAK. 'I've Gotta Be Me', Sammy Davis Jnr - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaalq3RYAyw
Complete some of his song titles:
'Me And My *****'
'Talk To The *******'
'Rhythm Of ****'