Have members pick one M&M each in turn, completing the task by answering the question before they move on.
The themes mirror the 'Trivial Pursuit' game categories.
Play several rounds, each round being 1, 2, 3 or 4, for as long as attention and enjoyment allow.
Encourage reminiscence and story telling, as far as is possible. Don't rush through the questions. It's just for fun!
(Fill in any gaps by undertaking a good prior biographical assessment. Adjust questions accordingly, to avoid bringing to mind any losses or distressing memories.)
- RED (Instead of PINK) (Entertainment)
1. What is your favourite song?
2. Who is your favourite artist or group?
3. What is your favourite album?
4. What is your favourite TV programme?
5. What is your favourite movie? / Have you a favourite actor or actress?
- BLUE (Geography)
1. Where is your favourite place in the UK?
2. Where is your favourite place in the world?
3. Name one place you have been to and won't be returning
4. Name one place you have not been, but would really like to visit
5. Do you prefer spending time at the seaside, walking in the countryside or shopping in town?
- BROWN (Art & Literature)
1. What is your favourite book? / Who is your favourite author?
2. What is your favourite painting? / Who is your favourite artist?
3. Do you like visiting museums, art galleries or libraries? / Have you been recently?
4. What is your favourite piece of classical music? / Who is your favourite composer?
5. Do you like or dislike the following performing arts - theatre, opera & ballet?
- YELLOW (History)
1. Have you got a stand out personal lifetime (happy) memory?
2. Is there a moment in history that you remember well?
3. Is there a historical figure you would like to meet?
4. If you could time travel, what era would you visit?
5. What do you think is the greatest invention, in your lifetime or before?
- ORANGE (Sport)
1. Do you have a favourite sport that you follow?
2. Have you a favourite sporting event?
3. Have you a favourite sporting hero?
4. What is the last sporting event you went to, or watched?
5. Do you prefer the summer Olympic Games, the winter Olympic Games or the FIFA World Cup?
- GREEN (Science & Nature)
1. What is your favourite animal?
2. What is your favourite flower or plant?
3. What is your favourite weather or time of year?
4. What is your favourite smell?
5. Have you any fears or phobias, such as fear of heights, snakes, spiders etc?
- OTHER category (Likes & Loves) (Maybe use this category if a member mistakenly takes more than one M&M.)
1. Who is the person you love or loved the most?
2. Who is or was your best friend?
3. What is your most treasured possession?
4. Have you, or have you had, a beloved pet?
5. Have you a hidden skill or talent?
As people give their answers, bring some photos up from Google of people, places and things mentioned. Also, play some of the songs or movie clips mentioned. This will make the session more multi-sensory and enjoyable.
Finish by enjoying the chocolates and having some refreshments.