This short quiz is based on musical memory and TV theme recognition.
Play the TV theme tunes in order and ask members to guess what each show is. There is a picture and a question for each show, if you want to make it more interactive. You might also want to break it up with some YouTube clips.
(Another way of approaching the quiz, might be to print off the collages and have members match the TV theme to the picture?)
Take time to talk about the TV shows. Which of them are or were members' favourites?
Hope this works well in practice. Please do let me know.
Spotify Playlist Link - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3dSNvDVyZnKaXzucHdVHNH?si=32b5b0b3bd6446cc
Round 1 - Sci Fi
1. X Files - What are the agent's names?
2. Tales Of The Unexpected - Who wrote the series?
3. Thunderbirds - What was the island called?
4. Star Trek - Name the spaceship?
5. Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Who wrote the book?
6. Six Million Dollar Man - What was his name?
7. Joe 90 - Who created this series?
8. Doctor Who - Name this doctor?
Round 2. TV Detectives
9. Charlie's Angels - Name the actresses?
10. Kojak - What was his catchphrase?
11. The Sweeney - Name the actors?
12. Starksy And Hutch - What was the name of their informer?
13. The Saint - Name the actor?
14. Miss Marple - Who created the character?
15. Mission Impossible - How many seconds before the tape self-destructs?
16. Streets Of San Fransisco - Name the famous bridge?
17. Columbo - What was his catchphrase?
18. Morse - What is Morse Code for S.O.S.?
19. The Avengers - Name the characters?
20. Batman And Robin - Which city did they protect?
21. Hawaii Five O - What is the largest island?
22. Magnum P.I. - Name the actor?
23. Hill Street Blues - What was said at the start of each episode?
Round 3. Game Shows
24. University Challenge - Name the presenter?
25. Play Your Cards Right - Name the presenter?
26. Pointless - Name the quizmaster?
27. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? - Name the presenter?
28. Countdown - Name the mathematician?
29. Blankety Blank - Name the presenter?
30. Blockbusters - What was the catchphrase?
31. The Generation Game? - What item always featured on the conveyor belt?
32. The Chase - Name the quizzers (nicknames)?
33. Weakest Link - Name the presenter?
34. Mastermind - What was his catchphrase?
1. Fox Mulder & Dana Scully
2. Roald Dahl
3. Tracy Island
4. Starship Enterprise
5. Douglas Adams
6. Steve Austin
7. Gerry Anderson
8. Tom Baker
9. Jaclyn Smith, Kate Jackson & Farah Fawcett-Majors
10. "Who loves ya baby?"
11. John Thaw & Dennis Waterman
12. Huggy Bear
13. Roger Moore
14. Agatha Christie
15. 5 seconds
16. Golden Gate Bridge
17. "Just one more thing!"
18. Dot Dot Dot Dash Dash Dash Dot Dot Dot
19. Emma Peel & John Steed
20. Gotham City
22. Tom Selleck
23. "Let's be careful out there!"
24. Bamber Gasgoine
25. Bruce Forsyth
26. Richard Osman
27. Chris Tarrant
28. Carol Vorderman
29. Terry Wogan
30. "I'll have a P please Bob!"
31. Cuddly Toy
32. The Governess, Sinah Man, Dark Destroyer & The Beast
33. Anne Robinson
34. "I've started, so I'll finish!"