This short quiz is based on musical memory and TV theme recognition.
Play the TV theme tunes in order and ask members to guess what each show is. There is a picture and a question for each show, if you want to make it more interactive. You might also want to break it up with some YouTube clips.
(Another way of approaching the quiz, might be to print off the collages and have members match the TV theme to the picture?)
Take time to talk about the TV shows. Which of them are or were members' favourites?
Hope this works well in practice. Please do let me know.
Spotify Playlist Link - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2MNDYszrAmIrG2PjiuAiWr?si=0a74092493c64114
Round 1. Soaps
1. Grange Hill - Which TV soap did Todd Carty go on to star in?
2. Acorn Antiques - Who played Mrs Overall? (* missing TV theme)
3. Brookside - Which TV sitcom did Sheila and Bobby go on to star in?
4. Soap - Name the actor top left?
5. Prisoner Cell Block H - Name the prison?
6. Eastenders - Name the character?
7. Crossroads - Name the manager?
8. Coronation Street - Name the characters?
9. Neighbours - Name the street?
10. Emmerdale - In which UK county is it set?
Round 2. Sitcoms
11. Blackadder - What was Baldrick's favourite vegetable?
12. Steptoe And Son - What was the name of the horse?
13. Terry And June - What were their real life surnames?
14. Only Fools And Horses - Which car did they drive?
15. The Vicar Of Dibley - What was the verger's name?
16. Hi De Hi - What was the name of the holiday camp?
17. Dad's Army - Complete the phrase "Don't tell him ****!"
18. Keeping Up Appearances - What were the character's names?
19. Fawlty Towers - Where was Manuel from?
20. Are You Being Served - Which pet did Mrs Slocombe have?
21. Allo Allo - What was the painting called?
22. The Good Life - Name the characters?
23. Some Mothers Do 'Av 'Em - What was the baby's name?
24. Last Of The Summer Wine - What was the woman's name?
25. Absolutely Fabulous - Name the actresses?
Round 3. Sports Shows
26. Match Of The Day - Name the presenter?
27. Wimbledon - Name the tennis players?
28. Pot Black - What colour balls are there?
29. Grandstand - Name the presenter?
30. Formula One - Name the racing driver?
31. Question Of Sport - Name the lady sat down?
32. Test Match Cricket - Name the cricketer?
33. Horse Of The Year Show - Name the jockey?
34. World Of Sport - Name the presenter?
35. Ski Sunday - Name the presenter?
2. Mrs Overall
3. The Royale Family
4. Billy Crystal
6. Dirty Den
7. Meg Richardson
8. Stan & Hilda Ogden
9. Ramsey Street
10. North Yorkshire
13. June Whitfield & Terry Scott
14. Reliant Robin van
15. Alice Tinker
18. Hyacinth & Richard Bucket
21. The Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies
22. Tom & Barbara Good and Margot & Jerry Leadbetter
24. Nora Batty
25. Jennifer Saunders & Joanna Lumley
26. Jimmy Hill
27. Bjorn Borg & John McEnroe
28. 1 white ball (the cue ball); 15 red balls, valued at 1 point each; one yellow, 2 points; one green, 3; one brown, 4; one blue, 5; one pink, 6; and one black, 7.
29. Frank Bough
30. Jimmy Stewart
31. Sue Barker
32. Ian Botham
33. Princess Anne
34. Dickie Davis
35. David Vine