Have some fun with this forty question quiz. Enliven it with a cheese and wine tasting session at the end.
Or you could do this during the quiz, to help with identification.
Before starting, 🍷 reminisce about old wine favourites - Mateus Rosé, Black Tower, Blue Nun, Bulls Blood, Hirondel, BabyCham & Cherry B.
Discuss favourite beverages, alcohol and non alcohol & occasions when one might imbibe.
Discuss how much more expensive wine has become and how wine glasses have become bigger.
Next, discuss cheeses. What are people's favourites?
Some CST songs about wine ....
'Red Red Wine' by UB40 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXt56MB-3vc
"Red, red wine, Go to my head
Make me forget that I, Still need her so"
‘Lilac Wine’ by Ellie Brooks - https://youtu.be/wZH9ilsZAFA
"Lilac wine is sweet and heady, like my love
Lilac wine, I feel unsteady, like my love"
'Hotel California' by The Eagles - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqPtz5qN7HM
"Mirrors on the ceiling, the pink champagne on ice
And she said 'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'"
'When I'm 64' by The Beatles - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERoqcOXitt0 "When I get older losing my hair, Many years from now Will you still be sending me a valentine, Birthday greetings, bottle of wine?"
'Happy New Year' by Abba - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o61OIfA9v14
"No more champagne
And the fireworks are through
Here we are, me and you
Feeling lost and feeling blue
It’s the end of the party"
1. Wallace & Gromit's favourite cheese?
2. A cheesy Welsh snack?
3. A cheesy snack for an infant?
4. Tommy Cooper was born in the Welsh town where they make this cheese?
5. 'Red .........'?
6. This cheese is made near a Somerset gorge?
7. This cheese is made from Buffalo milk?
8. Name this Indian cheese?
9. Name this Greek cheese?
10. Name this Dutch cheese?
11. Wot is this cheesy puff snack called?
12. 'Blue .......'?
13. You can have this French cheese baked?
14. A spreadable cheese?
15. They spread this Italian cheese over your pasta?
16. What do they call this garlic and herb cheese roll?
17. This Greek cheese is squeaky?
18. Another French cheese?
19. A holey cheese from Switzerland?
20. A Mexican cheese dip?
21. A famous cracker to go with all the cheese?
22. "Bring out the ........"?
23. The best selling (internationally) white wine is also a girl's name?
24. The best selling (internationally) red wine comes from a grape which has the English translation "Pine" and "Black"?
25. A fortified (with brandy) red wine that goes very well with cheese?
26. Who invented Champagne?
27. How fast can the cork fly out of a Champagne bottle?
28. How many bottles (75cl) are in a:
29. Name this famous wine drinker?
30. Name this famous wine drinker?
31. Name this famous wine drinker?
32. Name this famous wine drinker?
33. Name this famous wine producer?
34. Name these famous Champagne drinkers?
35. Name this famous wine drinker?
36. Name this famous Champagne waster?
37. Name this famous Champagne drinker?
38. Name this famous Champagne drinker?
39. Name this famous Champagne drinker?
40. Name this famous Champagne drinker?
FINAL SONG (SING ALONG)
'Drunken Sailor', Fisherman's Friends - https://youtu.be/XYP2VdPVFSM
2. Welsh Rarebit
5. Red Leicester
8. Matar Paneer
12. Blue Stilton
24. Pinot Noir
26. The French monk Dom Perignon (in 1697)
27. Up to 50mph (which is why you should not point the bottle at anyone!)
28. Magnum = 2, Jeroboam = 6, Methuselah = 8 Nebuchadnezzar = 20
29. Donald Trump
30. Queen Elizabeth
31. Keith Floyd
32. Ricky Gervais
33. Graham Norton
34. Jennifer Saunders & Joanna Lumley (Edine Monsoon & Patsy Stone) 'Absolutely Fabulous'
35. Nigella Lawson
36. Lewis Hamilton
37. Audrey Hepburn
38. Marilyn Monroe
39. Camilla Parker-Bowles
40. Leonardo De Caprio
Please leave a like and a comment if you enjoyed this quiz.