Hope you enjoy this one!
It's a 'Pub Quiz', pure and simple. Forty plus questions in four rounds. With some familiar music in between rounds.
Begin the CST session by asking members if they enjoy going to the pub, club or bar?
Have they a favourite pub they like to visit? Do they like to just go for a pint with their mates, or for a meal with with their partner? Or maybe they enjoy a pub quiz?
What are members' favourite drinks? Do people prefer a pint or a glass of wine, or something else?
- List some beers and ciders.
- List some wines.
- List some spirits.
- List some soft drinks.
Maybe play this quiz with a small glass of sherry in hand ...
OPENING SONG - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72U3UbfJG40
How many apples does it take to make a pint of cider?
ROUND 1. Pubs In TV & Movies
Clue. "Get out of my pub!"
1. Name the TV soap & bar lady?
Clue. Charity Dingle
2. Name the TV soap & county where it is set?
Clue. Del Boy & Trigger
3. Name the pub & TV comedy?
Here's the sketch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr034NkCwKw&t=1s
Clue. Bob & Terry
4. Name the pub & TV comedy?
Clue. HM Queen Elizabeth 11 Platinum Anniversary
5. Name the pub & TV soap? Name the landladies?
Clue. Sam Malone
6. In which American city was this TV comedy set? Who played the bar owner?
Here is the theme music - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS0VQOHX7lM
Clue. Millenium Falcon
7. Name the 1977 movie & the characters?
Bar song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDpDhofRoXA
Clue. "Keep off the moors!"
8. Name the pub & 1981 movie?
Clue. Bilbo Baggins
9. Name the pub & the 2001 movie?
Clue. Think Zombies
10. Name the pub & the 2004 movie?
11. SONG BREAK. 'Down At The Old Bull And Bush' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHHpdybDVwg
To be called 'A Cockney', you have to be born within earshot of which bells?
ROUND 2. 10 Emoji Pub Names
22. SONG BREAK. 'Wild Rover', The Dubliners - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_4KboYi40I
Which river runs through Dublin?
ROUND 3. Adverts
Name the drink ...
23. Clue. "Probably the best lager in the world!"
24. Clue. "Black gold!"
25. Clue. "Schhh. You know who!"
26. Clue. "Refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach!"
27. Clue. "Refreshing people since 1960!"
28. Clue. "Getting your head down dear?"
Here's the advert - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkjidE0WnAI
29. Clue. "Anytime, any place, anywhere!"
30. Clue. "Lipsmackin'!"
31. Clue. "Aids recovery!"
32. Clue. "It's got sparkle. It's got life!"
33. SONG BREAK. "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing', The New Seekers' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlR0KElxxVg
Which soft drink did this song advertise?
BONUS ROUND. A bit of everything
34. Which 1882 novel by Robert Louis Stevenson features the 'Admiral Benbow'?
35. Who wrote the 1936 novel 'Jamaica Inn'?
36. Which 1942 movie is set in 'Rick's Bar' in Morocco?
Here's that song - "Play it one more time. Play 'As Time Goes By' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do2olZ49M54&t=40s
37. Name the 1958 World War 11 movie?
38. Which drink did Enid Blyton's 'Famous Five' like to drink 'lashings of'?
39. Which 1972 movie is set in the 'Kit Cat Club' in Berlin?
Here is a song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcLUC7yj7vY
40. Which 1980 Steven King novel features 'The Overlook Hotel'?
41. Which 1980s TV sitcom was set in 'Cafe Rene'?
Here are the opening titles - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eTaxXkH0_I&t=16s
42. Which Radio 4 soap opera features 'The Bull'?
Here is the theme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNEawM6vZf4
43. Name the TV sitcom and name the characters?
Here are the opening titles - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYYo91NOAsc
44. Which TV sitcom features 'Central Perk'?
Here are the titles - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLisEEwYZvw
45. Which TV sitcom features 'Marcos Cafe' on Barry Island?
Here's a clip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmntV0Y3Sw&t=7s
46. FINAL SONG. 'Whisky In The Jar', Thin Lizzy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv93KaLn94w
Who was the lead singer with 'Thin Lizzy'?
Make some 'Mocktails'.
Here are some recipes from BBC Food - https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/non-alcoholic-cocktail-recipes
My favourite is 'Peach Iced Tea'. What's yours?
While you are making and drinking your drinks, you might like to listen to some 'British Pub Songs'?
'Show Me The Way To Go Home' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btMclrrDaFg
'Maybe It's Because I'm A Londoner' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmnOTbx18ds
'Roll Out The Barrel' & 'Knees Up Mother Brown' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrUDO0fxChI
There are loads more to choose from on YouTube.
It takes 30 pressed apples to make a pint of real cider
1. 'Eastenders' / Peggy Mitchell (Barbara Windsor)
2. 'Emmerdale' / Yorkshire Dales
3. 'Nag's Head' / 'Only Fools And Horses'
4. 'The Black Horse' / 'The Likely Lads'
5. 'Rovers Return' / 'Coronation Street' / Annie Walker, Bette Lynch & Liz McDonald
6. Boston / Sam Malone
7. 'Star Wars' / Hans Solo, Chewbacca, Obi Wan Kenobi & Luke Skywalker
8. 'The Slaughtered Lamb' / 'An American Werewolf In London'
9. 'The Green Dragon' / 'Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring'
10. 'The Winchester' / 'Shaun Of The Dead'
11. 'Bow Bells'
12. 'Red Lion'
13. 'Royal Oak'
14. 'Grape & Olive'
15. 'Blue Anchor'
16. 'White Swan'
17. 'Fox & Hounds'
18. 'Cross Keys'
19. 'Coach & Horses'
20. 'George & The Dragon'
21. 'Rose & Crown'
22. River Liffey
26. 'Heineken' (Larry Hagman)
28. 'Cinzano' (Leonard Rossiter & Joan Collins)
29. 'Martini' (Daniel Craig)
34. 'Treasure Island'
35. Daphne DuMaurier
37. 'Ice Cold In Alex'
38. Ginger Beer
39. 'Cabaret' (Liza Minnelli)
40. 'The Shining'
41. 'Allo Allo' (Gordon Kaye)
42. 'The Archers'
43. 'Last Of The Summer Wine' / Combo, Clegg, Nora Betty & Foggy
45. 'Gavin And Stacey'
46. Phil Lynott