This week's on-line 'CST Friendship Group' had a theme of 'Lucky Numbers'.
We asked members to bring stories about their own lucky numbers to the session and went around the 'Zoom Room' telling our stories by way of introduction.
Next, we said how we would spend £1 million if we won 'The National Lottery'. Aside from holidays, a new house and car and gifts to others, what is the one big thing we would treat ourselves to?
We then move on to our music and picture quiz.
ROUND 1. Counting
1. What do children start to learn to count on?
2. What number does a stitch in time save?
3. According to the nursery rhyme 'Sing A Song Of Sixpence', how many blackbirds were baked in a pie?
4. How many are in a 'Baker's Dozen'?
5. How many Heinz varieties are there?
6. How many tastes can our tongues differentiate?
7. How many dots are there on a dice?
8. What number wedding anniversaries are 'Silver', 'Pearl' and 'Diamond'?
9. SONG 'Three Steps To Heaven', Showaddywaddy. YouTube link here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaOYfMdTnmo
What number Psalm is 'The Lord Is My Shepherd'?
ROUND 2. Records
10. Who hosted the TV show 'Record Breakers'?
(He was an accomplished trumpet player!)
11. Who were the twin brother judges?
(Did anyone get given 'The Guinness Book Of Records' at Christmas?)
12. How fast can a Cheetah run?
13. On which scale are winds measured?
(What year did Michael Fish say there was not going to be a hurricane?)
14. On which scale are earthquakes measured?
(The most recent earthquake of some magnitude were 19 July 1984 (Llŷn Peninsula, Gwynedd, Wales - 5.4 magnitude) and 2 April 1990 (Bishop's Castle, Shropshire - 5.1). Both were felt across much England and Wales an caused some structural damage.)
15. Which number Apollo mission completed the 20th July 1969 moon landings?
16. Who was the first person to break the 4 minute mile record in 1954?
17. Jeff Bezos is the world's wealthiest person for the third year in a row, worth $113 billion. Which company did he found and remains CEO of?
18. SONG. 'Nine To Five', Dolly Parton - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbxUSsFXYo4
How much are Dolly's 40DD breasts insured for?
ROUND 3. Groupings
19. What are the 'Seven Deadly Sins'?
20. What is the 'Three Wise Monkeys' maxim?
21. What do one magpie and five magpies stand for?
22. What did my true love give me on the first and fifth days of Christmas?
23. What are a group of Camels and a group of Lions called?
24. What countries take part in the 'Guinness Six Nations Rugby Championship'?
(The current Wales captain is Alun Wyn Jones.)
25. How many planets are there is the solar system?
26. What are the twelve animals in the 'Chinese Zodiac'?
(2020 is the 'Year Of The Rat')
27. SONG. 'Aquarius', The 5th Dimension - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILSr9BbhoJQ
What are the 'Twelve Signs Of The Zodiac'?
ROUND 4. Literature
28. Who wrote the 'Famous Five' books? And what was the name of the dog?
29. In 'The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy', what was the answer to "Life the universe and everything'?
(The 'Babel Fish' is pictured here. It could translate any language if you put it in your ear!)
30. Who wrote the 1915 thriller 'The Thirty Nine Steps'?
31. Which platform did 'Hogwart's Express' leave Padington Station in the 'Harry Potter' series?
32. Who was the villain in the 1956 book 'The Hundred and One Dalmatians' novel by Dodie Smith?
(Glenn Close played her in the 1996 film.)
33. Who wrote the 1939 thriller 'And Then There were None'?
34. What number house on Baker Street did Sherlock Holmes live?
(Benedict Cumberbatch is pictured here playing him.)
35. How much was Steve Austin 'The Bionic Man' worth?
(Lee Majors played him.)
36. SONG. 'Rock Around The Clock', by Bill Haley & The Comets - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eJOJhwgluE
Name as many clocks as you can?
37. SONG. 'Eight Days A Week, The Beatles' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kle2xHhRHg4
What is the 19th hole on a golf course?
38. SONG. 'Lucky Number', Lena Lovitch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-_WzCPsTfo
How many months have 30 days?
39. SONG. 'Deck Of Cards', by Max Bygraves - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKIlpF2WU7g
What are the suits in a deck of cards?
40. As the above song is rather religious in content, an alternative is 'At Seventeen', by Janis Ian - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k39P2MK6WPo
Ask members to name as many card games as they can?
41. LAST SONG. 'When I'm 64', The Beatles - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCTunqv1Xt4
What phrase is 64 in a game of 'Bingo'?
3. 24 (4 AND 20)
6. 5 - SWEET SOUR SALTY BITTER & UMAMI (SAVOURY)
8. 25TH, 30TH & 60TH
10. ROY CASTLE
11. ROSS & NORRIS MC WHIRTER
13. BEAUFORT SCALE
15TH OCTOBER 1987
15. APOLLO 11
16. ROGER BANNISTER
19. ENVY, GLUTTONY, GREED OR AVARICE, LUST, PRIDE, SLOTH & WRATH
20. "SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO EVIL, SPEAK NO EVIL"
21. SORROW & SILVER
22. A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE & FIVE GOLD RINGS
23. CARAVAN & PRIDE
24. WALES, IRELAND, SCOTLAND, ENGLAND, FRANCE & ITALY
25. 8 - MERCURY VENUS EARTH MARS JUPITER SATURN URANUS & NEPTUNE
26. RAT, OX, TIGER, RABBIT, DRAGON, SNAKE, HORSE, GOAT, MONKEY, ROOSTER, DOG & PIG
27. ARIES, TAURUS, GEMINI, CANCER, LEO, VIRGO, LIBRA, SCORPIO, SAGITTARIUS, CAPRICORN, AQUARIUS & PISCES
28. ENID BLYTON & TIMMY
30. JOHN BUCHAN
31. 9 3/4
32. CRUELLA DE VIL
33. AGATHA CHRISTIE
35. SIX MILLION DOLLARS
36. GRANDFATHER CLOCK, CUCKOO CLOCK, CARRIAGE CLOCK, GENTLEMANS POCKET WATCH, WRISTWATCH, SUNDIAL, ATOMIC CLOCK, TALKING CLOCK
37. THE BAR
38. 11. Only February does not have 30 days.
39. HEARTS, DIAMONDS, SPADES & CLUBS
40. SNAP, SOLITAIRE/PATIENCE, POKER, RUMMY, BLACKJACK, HEARTS, BRIDGE, CANASTA & CRIBBAGE
41. 'ALMOST RETIRED'