"Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home." Paul Young
“Some hats can only be worn if you're willing to be jaunty, to set them at an angle and to walk beneath them with a spring in your stride as if you're only a step away from dancing. They demand a lot of you.” Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys
This 'Hats' picture quiz is designed to celebrate 'Wear A Hat Day', which is to raise awareness and funds for the 'Brain Tumour Research' charity https://www.braintumourresearch.org/fundraise/wear-a-hat-day
A reminder for CST Group Facilitators ... Adjust, simplify, reduce the volume of images and questions according to the cognitive abilities of group members. Provide helpful prompts, such as initials and first names etc. Celebrate participation and inclusion as being far more important and meaningful than correct answers. Promote memory and recall. Encourage story telling and reminiscences. Also there are quite a few impersonations here for members to have a go at? Perhaps bring the session to life with a few hats to try on or model?
To begin with, ask members to list as many hats as they can. Here's a few to get you going:
- Straw boater
- Dunces cap
- French beret
- Flat cap
- Baseball cap
- Knotted handkerchief
Maybe write the list generated on a white board, for future reference?
Ask members if anyone likes to wear a hat?
What are members' favourite hats and why? Is it the feel of the fabric, the look and style or the warmth and comfort?
What about the colour, shape, shade it provides etc?
How much would you pay for a hat?
What about other fashion accessories that often go with a hat? GLOVES, HANDBAG, SCARF ETC
What is a hat maker/hat shop known as? MILLINER
Where should men not wear a hat? IN CHURCH
Which special occasions may require a hat? WEDDING, BLACK TIE DO, FUNERAL
Print off the pictures and lay them on the tables, for members to look at and choose from. (Perhaps number them, for ease of reference to questions and answers?)
At the bottom of the page are complete pictures with answers.
Here goes ...
Hat? Name? Real name? Where does he live? From?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film?
Hat? Name? Real name? Where does he live?
Who wrote the books?
Hat? Name? Catchphrase? Where was he from?
Hat? Name? Real name? Married to? TV comedy?
Hat? Name? Smoked? What Party was he Prime Minister for in the War Years?
Most famous phrase?
Hat? Name? Real name? TV show? Catchphrase?
Hat? Name? Maiden name? Where does she rest?
Most famous phrase?
Hat? Name? Real name? Where does she live (×4)?
Hat? Name? Real name? Where does he live? What were the 4 Houses?
Hat? Names? Real names? Catchphrase?
Hat? Name? Book? Author?
Hat? Name? Where does he live? Sport associated with? Married to?
Hat? Name? Real name? Where was he from?
Name? Real name? Film?
The name of the little people?
Hat? Name? Real name? Nickname? Catchphrase (allegedly)?
Hat? Name? Nickname? Country?
Hat? Name? Real name? TV comedy? Catchphrase?
Hat? Name? Sport? Catchphrase?
Mother & Father? Occasion?
Hat? Name? Real name? TV show? Husband?
Sport? Where is he from? Mother's name?
Hat? Name? His 7 same character films?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film?
Oscar winning song?
Which hat would he have been wearing? Name? Which summer Olympic Games did he win gold in?
Which bald comedian's hero is he?
Winner of which TV show in 2015?
Who hosted the show then?
Hat? Name? Sport? Logo?
Hat? Name? Nickname? Sport? How many Olympic Gold medals? True or false - Fastest Man Alive?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film? Written by?
Flew for which two outfits?
Hat? Name? Name when undisguised? Arch enemies x 3?
Hat? Name? Undisguised name? Who played him in the 1998 film? What was his calling card?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film? Who died during the making of this film?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film? What did he want?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film? Motto? His friends?
Hat? Name? Real name? TV series? Name of the greeting?
Co star? Film? Catchphrase?
Hat? Name? Married to? Children's names x3?
Hat? Name? Sport? What is the symbol on the Welsh shirt?
And the words?
Hat? Name? Oscar nominated for which two movies?
Hat? Name? Film? Starring?
Hat? Name? TV sitcom?
Co star? Catchphrase?
Hat? Name? Nickname? What is the symbol on his hat?
Is he doing a good job?
Nickname? Where was she born? Famous for?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film?
(Opportunities for a singalong?)
A FEW SONGS TO FINISH
PLEASE don't keep this quiz under your hats! Share it with your friends and colleagues.
ANSWERS NEXT ...
Hat? SKULLCAP (ZUCCHETTO) Name? POPE FRANCIS Real name? JORGE MARIO BERGOLIO Where does he live? VATICAN CITY From? BUENOS ARIES
2. Hat? FEDORA Name? INDIANA JONES Real name? HARRISON FORD Film? 'RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK', 1981
3. Hat? DEERSTALKER Name? SHERLOCK HOLMES Real name? BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH Where does he live? 221B BAKER STREET His sidekick? DR WATSON ("ELEMENTARY DEAR WATSON!") While wrote the books? SIR ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE
4. Hat? FEZ Name? TOMMY COOPER Catchphrase? "JUST LIKE THAT"! Where was he from? CAERPHILLY
5. Hat? BERET Name? FRANK SPENCER Real name? MICHAEL CRAWFORD Married to? BETTY (MICHELE DOTRICE) TV comedy? 'SOME MOTHERS DO AV' 'EM' Catchphrase? "OO BETTY!"
6. Hat? HOMBURG Name? WINSTON CHURCHILL Smoked? CUBAN CIGARS What Party was he Prime Minister for in the War Years? CONSERVATIVE Most famous phrase? "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER."
7. Hat? POLICE HELMET Name? PC GEORGE DIXON Real name? JACK WARNER TV show? 'DIXON OF DOCK GREEN' Catchphrase? "EVENING ALL!"
8. Hat? TIARA Name? PRINCESS DIANA Maiden name? LADY DIANA SPENCER Where does she rest? ALTHORP PARK Most famous phrase? "THERE WERE THREE OF US IN THIS MARRIAGE!"
9. Hat? CROWN Name? HM QUEEN ELIZABETH 11 Real name? ELIZABETH ALEXANDRA MARY WINDSOR Where does she live (×4)? BUCKINGHAM PALACE, SANDRINGHAM HOUSE, WINDSOR CASTLE, BALMORAL CASTLE Catchphrase? "MY HUSBAND AND I." (Well, sadly not anymore!)
10. Hat? SORTING HAT Name? HARRY POTTER Real name? DANIEL RADCLIFFE Where does he live? HOGWART'S SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY What were the 4 Houses? GRIFFYNDOR, SLYTHERIN, RAVENCLAW, HUFFLEPUFF
11. Hat? BOWLER Names? LAUREL AND HARDY Real names? STAN AND OLLIE Catchphrase? "THAT'S ANOTHER FINE MESS YOUVE GOTTEN ME INTO!"
12. Hat? TOP HAT Name? THE MAD HATTER Book? 'ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND', 1865 Author? LEWIS CARROLL
13. Hat? BASEBALL CAP Name? DONALD TRUMP Where does he live? THE WHITEHOUSE Sport associated with? GOLF Married to? MELANIA
14. Hat? AKUBRA CROC HAT Name? CROCODILE DUNDEE Real name? PAUL HOGAN Where was he from? AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK
15. Hat? TOP HAT Name? WILLY WONKA Real name? GENE WILDER Film? 'WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY', 1971 The name of the little people? UMPALOOMPA Author: ROALD DAHL
16. Hat? COWBOY HAT OR STETSEN Name? JOHN WAYNE Real name? MARION ROBERT MORRISON Nickname? THE DUKE Catchphrase (allegedly)? "GET OFF YA HORSE AND DRINK YA MILK!"
17. Hat? FLOPPY HAT Name? SHANE WARNE Nickname? 'KING OF SPIN'
18. Hat? FLAT CAP Name? VICTOR MELDREW Real name? RICHARD WILSON TV comedy? 'ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE' Catchphrase? "I DON'T BELIEVE IT!"
19. Hat? HEADBAND Name? JOHN MCENROE Sport? TENNIS Catchphrase? "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!"
20. Wearing? FASCINATOR Name? PRINCESS BEATRICE Mother & Father? SARAH FERGUSON & PRINCE ANDREW Occasion? PRINCE WILLIAM & KATE MIDDLETON WEDDING IN 2011