"Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home." Paul Young
“Some hats can only be worn if you're willing to be jaunty, to set them at an angle and to walk beneath them with a spring in your stride as if you're only a step away from dancing. They demand a lot of you.” Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys
This 'Hats' picture quiz is designed as a stand alone activity, but it could be used alongside the 'Autumn CST Activities Page', as we did.
A reminder for CST Group Facilitators ... Adjust, simplify, reduce the volume of images and questions according to the cognitive abilities of group members. Provide helpful prompts, such as initials and first names etc. Celebrate participation and inclusion as being far more important and meaningful than correct answers. Promote memory and recall. Encourage story telling and reminiscences. Also there are quite a few impersonations here for members to have a go at?? Perhaps bring the session to life with a few hats to try on or model?
To begin with, ask members to list as many hats as they can. Here's a few to get you going:
- Straw boater
- Dunces cap
- French beret
- Flat cap
- Baseball cap
- Knotted handkerchief
Maybe write the list generated on a white board, for future reference?
Ask members if anyone likes to wear a hat?
What are members' favourite hats and why? Is it the feel of the fabric, the look and style or the warmth and comfort?
What about the colour, shape, shade it provides etc?
How much would you pay for a hat?
What about other fashion accessories that often go with a hat? GLOVES, HANDBAG, SCARF ETC
What is a hat maker/hat shop known as? MILLINER
Where should men not wear a hat? IN CHURCH
Which special occasions may require a hat? WEDDING, BLACK TIE DO, FUNERAL
Print off the pictures and lay them on the tables, for members to look at and choose from. (Perhaps number them, for ease of reference to questions and answers?)
At the bottom of the page is a link to the complete photo albums, of both clue and complete pictures.
Here goes ...
Hat? Name? Real name? Where does he live? From?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film?
Hat? Name? Real name? Where does he live?
Who wrote the books?
Hat? Name? Catchphrase? Where was he from?
Hat? Name? Real name? Married to? TV comedy?
Hat? Name? Smoked? What Party was he Prime Minister for in the War Years?
Most famous phrase?
Hat? Name? Real name? TV show? Catchphrase?
Hat? Name? Maiden name? Where does she rest?
Most famous phrase?
Hat? Name? Real name? Where does she live (×4)?
Hat? Name? Real name? Where does he live? What were the 4 Houses?
Hat? Names? Real names? Catchphrase?
Hat? Name? Book? Author?
Hat? Name? Where does he live? Sport associated with? Married to?
Hat? Name? Real name? Where was he from?
Name? Real name? Film?
The name of the little people?
Hat? Name? Real name? Nickname? Catchphrase (allegedly)?
Hat? Name? Real name? Book? Author? Catchphrase?
Hat? Name? Real name? TV comedy? Catchphrase?
Hat? Name? Sport? Catchphrase?
Wearing? Name? Real name? TV show? Sidekick?
Hat? Name? Real name? TV show? Husband?
Sport? Where is he from? Mother's name?
Hat? Name? Age? His 7 same character films?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film?
Oscar winning song?
Hat? Name? Real name? TV comedy? Catchphrase?
Hat? Name? Sport? Won his first Masters?
Hat? Name? Sport? Logo?
Hat? Name? Sport? In which Olympics did she win 2 gold medals?
Hat? Name? Nickname? Sport? How many Olympic Gold medals? True or false - Fastest Man Alive?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film? Written by?
Hat? Name? Name when undisguised? Arch enemies x 3?
Hat? Name? Undisguised name? Who played him in the 1998 film? What was his calling card?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film? Who died during the making of this film?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film? What did he want?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film? Motto? His friends?
Hat? Name? Real name? TV series? Name of the greeting?
Co star? Film? Catchphrase?
Hat? Name? Married to? Children's names x3?
Hat? Name? Sport? What is the symbol on the Welsh shirt?
And the words?
Hat? Name? Who wrote the book? Who starred in the 2003 film (pictured)?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film? Who did he fly for?
Hat? Name? Sport?
What does LBW stand for?
What is shouted when a wicket is taken?
Film? Hat? Name? Who is she looking for? Her comedy shop?
Catchphrase (this sketch)?
Hat? Name? Film? Starring?
Hat? Name? Title, Sport? Which Olympics was she the first Royal to have competed in a Games?
Hat? Name? TV sitcom?
Co star? Catchphrase?
Hat? Name? Real name? Catchphrase?
Hat? Name? Nickname? What is the symbol on his hat?
Is he doing a good job?
Hat? Name? Where was she born? Famous for?
Hat? Name? Real name? Film?
(Opportunities for a singalong?)
PLEASE don't keep this quiz under your hats! Share it with your friends and colleagues.
ANSWERS NEXT ...
Hat? SKULLCAP (ZUCCHETTO) Name? POPE FRANCIS Real name? JORGE MARIO BERGOLIO Where does he live? VATICAN CITY From? BUENOS ARIES
2. Hat? FEDORA Name? INDIANA JONES Real name? HARRISON FORD Film? RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, 1981
3. Hat? DEERSTALKER Name? SHERLOCK HOLMES Real name? BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH Where does he live? 221B BAKER STREET His sidekick? DR WATSON While wrote the books? SIR ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE
4. Hat? FEZ Name? TOMMY COOPER Catchphrase? JUST LIKE THAT Where was he from? CAERPHILLY
5. Hat? BERET Name? FRANK SPENCER Real name? MICHAEL CRAWFORD Married to? BETTY (MICHELE DOTRICE) TV comedy? SOME MOTHERS DO AV' 'EM Catchphrase? OO BETTY
6. Hat? HOMBURG Name? WINSTON CHURCHILL Smoked? CUBAN CIGARS What Party was he Prime Minister for in the War Years? CONSERVATIVE Most famous phrase? We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER
7. Hat? POLICE HELMET Name? PC GEORGE DIXON Real name? JACK WARNER TV show? DIXON OF DOCK GREEN Catchphrase? EVENING ALL
8. Hat? TIARA Name? PRINCESS DIANA Maiden name? LADY DIANA SPENCER Where does she rest? ALTHORP PARK Most famous phrase? THERE WERE THREE OF US IN THIS MARRIAGE 9. Hat? CROWN Name? HM QUEEN ELIZABETH 11 Real name? ELIZABETH ALEXANDRA MARY WINDSOR Where does she live (×4)? BUCKINGHAM PALACE, SANDRINGHAM HOUSE, WINDSOR CASTLE, BALMORAL CASTLE Catchphrase? MY HUSBAND AND I
10. Hat? SORTING HAT Name? HARRY POTTER Real name? DANIEL RADCLIFFE Where does he live? HOGWART'S SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY What were the 4 Houses? GRIFFYNDOR, SLYTHERIN, RAVENCLAW, HUFFLEPUFF
11. Hat? BOWLER Names? LAUREL AND HARDY Real names? STAN AND OLLIE Catchphrase? THAT'S ANOTHER FINE MESS YOUVE GOTTEN ME INTO
12. Hat? TOP HAT Name? THE MAD HATTER Book? ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND, 1865 Author? LEWIS CARROLL
13. Hat? BASEBALL CAP Name? DONALD TRUMP Where does he live? THE WHITEHOUSE Sport associated with? GOLF Married to? MELANIA
14. Hat? AKUBRA CROC HAT Name? CROCODILE DUNDEE Real name? PAUL HOGAN Where was he from? AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK
15. Hat? TOP HAT Name? WILLY WONKA Real name? GENE WILDER Film? WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, 1971 The name of the little people? UMPALOOMPA Author: ROALD DAHL
16. Hat? COWBOY HAT OR STETSEN Name? JOHN WAYNE Real name? MARION ROBERT MORRISON Nickname? THE DUKE Catchphrase (allegedly)? GET OFF YA HORSE AND DRINK YA MILK
17. Hat? TOP HAT Name? EBENEZER SCROOGE Real name? ALASTAIR SIM Book? A CHRISTMAS CAROL, 1843 Author? CHARLES DICKENS Catchphrase? BAH HUMBUG
18. Hat? FLAT CAP Name? VICTOR MELDREW Real name? RICHARD WILSON TV comedy? ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE Catchphrase? I DON'T BELIEVE IT
19. Hat? HEADBAND Name? JOHN MCENROE Sport? TENNIS Catchphrase? YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS
20. Wearing? DOG COLLAR Name? GERALDINE GRANGER Real name? DAWN FRENCH TV show? THE VICAR OF DIBLEY Sidekick? ALICE TINKER, VERGER
21. Hat? FANCY SUNDAY HAT (ALWAYS ALSO WORE WHITE GLOVES) Name? HYACINTH BUCKET Real name? PATRICIA ROUTLEDGE TV show? KEEPING UP APPEARANCES Husband's name? RICHARD (CLIVE SWIFT) Catchphrase? THE LADY OF THE HOUSE SPEAKING
22. Hat? TENNIS CAP Name? ANDY MURRAY Sport? TENNIS (OLYMPIC GOLD 2012, WIMBLEDON CHAMPION 2016) Where is he from? GLASGOW Mother's name? JUDY
23. Hat? TAMOSHANTER Name? SEAN CONNERY Age? 89 His 7 James Bond films? DR NO 1962, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE 1963, GOLDFINGER 1964, THUNDERBALL 1965, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE 1967, DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER 1971 & NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN 1983 Catchphrase: A MARTINI, SHAKEN NOT STIRRED
24. Hat? WIDE BRIM Name? MISS HOLLY GOLIGHTLY Real name? AUDREY HEPBURN Film? BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S, 1961 Oscar winning song? MOON RIVER
25. Hat? CHE GUEVARA BERET Name? WOLFIE Real name? ROBERT LINDSAY TV comedy? CITIZEN SMITH Catchphrase? POWER TO THE PEOPLE
26. Hat? BASEBALL CAP Name? TIGER WOODS Sport? GOLF Won his first Masters? 1997 (AGED 21)
27. Hat? BASEBALL CAP Name? LEWIS HAMILTON Sport? FORMULA ONE Logo? MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS
28. Hat? SWIMMING CAP Name? REBECCA ADLINGTON Sport? SWIMMING In which Olympics did she win 2 gold medals? 2008, BEIJING
29. Hat? BASEBALL CAP Name? USAIN BOLT Nickname? LIGHTNING BOLT Sport? TRACK AND FIELD ATHLETE How many Olympic Gold medals? 9, OVER 3 OLYMPIC GAMES True or false - Fastest Man Alive? TRUE (100M IN 9.5 SECONDS)
30. Hat? WIZARD'S HAT Name? GALDALF Real name? IAN MCKELLEN Film? THE LORD OF THE RINGS, FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING, 2001 Written by? J.R. TOLKIEN, 1937
31. Hat? MASK Name? BATMAN & ROBIN Name when undisguised? BRUCE WAYNE Arch enemies x 3? JOKER, RIDDLER, PENGUIN Catchphrase? HOLY SMOKE
32. Hat? SOMBRERO Name? ZORRO Undisguised name? DON DIEGO LA VEGA Who played him in the 1998 film? ANTONIO BANDERAS - MASK OF ZORRO, 1998 What was his calling card? A 'Z' CUT INTO THE CLOTHING OF HIS VICTIMS
33. Hat? HELMET Name? MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDUIS Real name? RUSSEL CROWE Film? GLADIATOR, 2000 Who died during the making of this film? OLIVER REED
34. Hat? TIN HAT Name? TIN MAN Real name? RAY BOLGER Film? THE WIZARD OF OZ, 1939 What did he want? A HEART
35. Hat? HOOD OR BYCOCKET Name? ROBIN HOOD Real name? ERROL FLYN Film? THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD, 1938 Motto? STEAL FROM THE RICH TO GIVE TO THE POOR His friends? MAID MARIAN, LITTLE JOHN, FRIAR TUCK, WILL SCARLET His arch enemy? THE SHERIFF OF NOTTINGHAM
36. Hat? WIG Name? DR. SPOK Real name? LEONARD NIMOY TV series? STAR TREK Name of the greeting? VULCAN SALUTE (Can you do it?)
37. Hat? TRILBY Name? HANNIBAL LECTER Real name? ANTHONY HOPKINS Co star? JODIE FOSTER AS AGENT CLARICE STARLING Film? SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, 1991 Catchphrase? I ATE HIS LIVER WITH SOME FAVA BEANS AND A NICE CHIANTI
38. Hat? BOBBLE HAT Name? PRINCE WILLIAM Married to? KATE MIDDLETON Children's names x3? GEORGE, CHARLOTTE & LOUIS
39. Hat? BEANIE Name? ALUN WYN JONES Sport? RUGBY UNION (WELSH CAPTAIN) What is the symbol on the shirt? PRINCE OF WALES THREE FEATHERS And the words? ICH DIEN (I SERVE)
40. Hat? RED AND WHITE STRIPED HAT Name? THE CAT IN THE HAT Who wrote the book? DR SEUSS, 1957 Who starred in the 2003 film (pictured)? MIKE MYERS
41. Hat? PILOT'S HAT Name? FRANK ABAGNALE JNR Real name? LEONARDO DI CAPRIO Film? CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, 2003 Who did he fly for? PAN AM
42. Hat? CRICKET HELMET Name? ALASTAIR COOK Sport? CRICKET What does LBW stand for? LEG BEFORE WICKET What word is shouted when a wicket is taken? OWZAT!
43. Hat? BERET Name? VICTORIA WOOD Her comedy partner? JULIE WALTERS Her comedy shop? ACORN ANTIQUES Catchphrase (this sketch)? HAVE YOU SEEN KIMBERLEY?
44. Hat? NURSE'S HAT Name? NURSE RATCHETT Film? ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST, 1975 Starring? JACK NICHOLSON
45. Hat? COUNTRY Name? PRINCESS ANNE Title, PRINCESS.ROYAL Sport? EQUESTRIAN Which Olympics was she the first Royal to have competed in a Games? MONTREAL, 1976
46. Hat? HEADSCARF Name? JOANNA LUMLEY TV sitcom? ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS Co star? JENNIFER SAUNDERS Catchphrase? SWEETIE, DARLING
47. Hat? WIG Name? MANDY Real name? DICK EMERY Catchphrase? OH YOU ARE AWFUL, BUT I LIKE YOU
48. Hat? BICYCLE HELMET Name? BORIS JOHNSON Nickname? BOJO What is the symbol on his hat? OYSTER, LONDON PUBLIC TRANSPORT CARD Is he doing a good job? DISCUSS
49. Hat? FUR HAT Name? MARGARET THATCHER Where was she born? GRANTHAM Famous for? PRIME MINSTER, 1979-1990
50. Hat? WIMPOLE Name? MARIA Real name? JULIE ANDREWS Film? SOUND OF MUSIC, 1965
PLEASE Don't keep.this quiz under your hats. Share it with your friends and colleagues x
PHOTO ALBUM LINK - CLUES https://photos.app.goo.gl/BgUzjVRSkYkFZvjy5
PHOTO ALBUM LINK - FULL IMAGES https://photos.app.goo.gl/CYyaFxKY54GdJZSs7
I hope you liked this one? Please let me know if you did. I would love to hear how it worked in practice for you.