PLAYLIST LINK HERE https://open.spotify.com/user/1154769589/playlist/0iFjDuE3mIoiLi5khQpHvv
I hope you enjoy this music quiz activity. Hopefully members will recognise some or all of the songs and be able to sing along or hum the tunes and tap their feet.
Here are some questions to get the discussion going but, of course, you may think of other or additional supplementary questions to ask, which is great.
The CST Blog aims to be dynamic and give ideas which will hopefully spur you on to try creating your own activities.
If you do have any ideas and wish to share them in these pages, I would love to hear from you.
1. Tell Me It's Not True - Blood Brothers. This musical is associated with which singing family? THE NOLAN SISTERS
2. Nowadays - Chicago. Name the two female leads in the 2002 film? RENE ZELLWEGER & CATHERINE ZETA-JONES
3. I Dreamed A Dream - Les Miserables. Who wrote the novel on which this musical is based? VICTOR HUGO
4. I Don't Know How To Love Him - Jesus Christ Superstar. Who sang this song in the 1973 film version? YVONNE ELLIMAN
5. Last Night Of The World - Miss Saigon. This tragic love story takes place in which city? VIETNAM
6. Circle Of Life - The Lion King. Name the composer's husband? DAVID FURNISH
7. All I Ask Of You - Phantom Of The Opera. Which TV comedian actor was the very first Phantom? MICHAEL CRAWFORD (Of 'Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em' fame)
8. Come What May - Moulin Rouge. Which actors are singing this song? EWAN MCGREGOR & NICOLE KIDMAN
9. Money Money - Cabaret. In which club is this musical set? KIT KAT CLUB IN BERLIN
10. You've Got To Pick A Pocket Or Two - Oliver. Who wrote the book on which this musical is based? CHARLES DICKENS ( OLIVER TWIST)
11. If I Were A Rich Man - Fiddler On The Roof. Who is singing this song? TOPOL
12. Memory - Cats. Which collection of poems is this Andrew Lloyd-Webber musical based on? OLD POSSUM'S BOOK OF PRACTICAL CATS BY T. S. ELIOT
13. I Talk To The Trees - Paint Your Wagon. Who is singing this song? CLINT EASTWOOD
14. Wouldn't It Be Loverly - My Fair Lady. Who played the female lead in the 1964 film version of this musical? AUDREY HEPBURN
15. The Deadwood Stage - Calamity Jane. The wild west heroine Calamity Jane was alleged to have had a romance with which famed folk hero/gunfighter? WILD BILL HICKOCK
16. Something's Coming - West Side Story. Name the two rival gangs in this New York based love story? THE PUERTO RICAN SHARKS AND THE WHITE JETS
17. Over The Rainbow - Wizard Of Oz. What were the four main characters searching for? SCARECROW (RAY BOLGER) - A BRAIN, TIN MAN (JACK HALEY) - A HEART, COWARDLY LION (BERT LAHR) - SOME COURAGE AND DOROTHY ( JUDY GARLAND) WANTED TO GO HOME TO KANSAS
18. City Of Stars - La La Land. Which two actors are singing this song? RYAN GOSLING & EMMA STONE
19. As If We Never Said Goodbye - Sunset Boulevard. Which actress played Norma Desmond in this 1950 film noir? GLORIA SWANSON
20. The Beautiful Briny - Bedknobs And Broomsticks. Which long-running TV detective series did the female lead in this film (Angela Lansbury) go on to star in? MURDER SHE WROTE
21. Seasons Of Love - Rent. Who wrote the play on which this musical is based? JOE ORTON
22. Electricity - Billy Elliott. Who played the lead in the 2000 film? JAMIE BELL
23. Don't Cry For Me Argentina - Evita. Who sang this song in the 1996 movie version of this musical? MADONNA
24. Getting To Know You - The King and I. What is the country Siam known as today? THAILAND
25. Tomorrow - Annie. Annie sang this song to her dog. What was his name? SANDY
26. There Is Nothing Like A Dame - South Pacific. Ask members to name some living Dames of the British Realm? JUDI DENCH, HELEN MIRREN, MAGGIE SMITH, JULIE ANDREWS, DIANA RIGG, SHIRLEY BASSEY, JOAN PLOWRIGHT, KELLY HOLMES, VERA LYNN, EVELYN GLENNIE, TANNI GREY-THOMPSON, JENNI MURRAY, KIRI TE KANAWA, ESTHER RANTZEN, DARCEY BUSSELL
27. I Am Sixteen Going On Seventeen - Sound of Music. Which character sang this song in the 1965 film? LIESL (The other children were LIESL, FRIEDERICH, LOUISA, KURT, BRIGITTA, MARTA & GRETL)
28. I Know Him So Well - Chess. Which two famous singers are singing this song? ELAINE PAGE & BARBARA DICKSON
29. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! - Mary Poppins. Which actor who sang this song with Julie Andrews apologised last year for the “most atrocious cockney accent in the history of cinema”? DICK VAN DYKE
30. Any Dream Will Do - Jason And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat. Which Jason is singing this version of the song? JASON DONOVAN
31. Good Morning - Singing In The Rain. Which three actors sing and dance this song in the 1952 movie? DEBBIE RENOLDS, GENE KELLY & DON O'CONNOR
32. Summer Nights - Grease. Which two leads in this 1978 film sing this song? JOHN TRAVOLTA (DANNY ZUKO) & OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN (SANDY OLSSON)
33. Oh What A Beautiful Morning - Oklahoma / Who is singing this song? GORDON MCRAE (SINGALONG)
34. I Wanna Be Like You - The Jungle Book. Name the characters from this 1967 film? MOWGLI, BALOO, SHERE KHAN, BAGHEERA, KAA, KING LOUIE
35. The Bear Necessities - The Jungle Book. Time to get up and dance to this ULTIMATE FEEL GOOD SONG.