Here is the final CST activities page for 'Christmas Time'. It's a 36 or 50 item music and picture quiz, with some singalongs and readings added in, in case you wanted to run the session as a cognitive stimulation therapy group, rather than complete it with your family.
36 SONGS & QUESTIONS
(Plus a bonus round of 14 songs and questions if you have time or want to split the session.)
(Play as many songs as you have time for, or as members choose them to listen to.)
5 SINGALONGS - One For Each Round (Included in the 36 questions)
5 READINGS - One For Each Round (This will make it feel more like a 'Carol Concert', but noting many secular songs and pop records are included.)
(I've tried to include as many lyric videos as possible throughout, so that people can singalong.)
Hope you enjoy it? Please share it around if you do.
Don't forget to 'Free Subscribe' at www.simondementia.co.uk for more content.
Follow me on Twitter for updates @simon_dementia
Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
MUSIC & PICTURE QUIZ
Round 1. Advent
1. 'Driving Home For Christmas', Chris Rea - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSjq7x67kzM
What are the four weeks before Christmas known as?
Chris Rea had another hit single about driving. What was it?
2. '2000 Miles', The Pretenders - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEyGZlBdkaA
In the video for this Christmas song, lead singer Christie Hynde is dressed in a Salvation Army uniform. Who was the founder?
What is their motto?
3. ''It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas', Michael Buble - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUiHsJrRNGE
Which high-end department store used this song in their Christmas advert several years running?
What is his nickname?
4. 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree', Brenda Lee - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qYz7rfgLWE
Which country gives Trafalgar Square its Christmas tree each year, as a 'Thank you!' for Britain's support during the Second World War in preserving its liberty?
What type of tree is it?
5. 'The Christmas Song', Nat King Cole - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpE_Q_p2G7w
‘Folks dressed up like Eskimos...’ What is the correct name for the indigenous Eskimo people?
Where would you find them?
6. SINGALONG. 'Twelve Days Of Christmas', The Spinners - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX0ehZan4lk
How many birds are there in the final verse?
READING. 'A Child's Christmas In Wales'. By Dylan Thomas - https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/a-child-s-christmas-in-wales/
(A short extract was read.)
Round 2. Christmas Past
7. 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen', The Chieftains - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc06r7h9QAc
In Charles Dickens 'A Christmas Carol', which four ghosts visited Scrooge?
8. 'Pipes Of Peace', Paul McCartney - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4DkelBDBJ4
On Christmas Day in 1914, peace broke out in 'no mans land'. What carol did both sides sing?
9. 'Hark! The Herald Angels Sing', Kings College - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLz4LbhS4_M
In the Frank Cappra film, 'Its A Wonderful Life', complete the line "Teacher says every time a bell rings an ..... .... ... ....."?
What was the name of the angel?
10. 'Stop The Cavalry', Jona Lewie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HkJHApgKqw
What year was this Christmas number 3 (beaten by two re-issued John Lennon songs)?
According to his other hit single, where would you find Jona Lewie at a party?
11. 'Walking In The Air', Aled Jones - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KzKa6erJRo
Which author wrote the book 'The Snowman'?
How old is Aled Jones now?
12. SINGALONG. 'Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer', The Crystals - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDVp18upTcs
What were the names of the other reindeer, in the poem ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas’?
READING: 'A Visit from St. Nicholas'. By Clement Clarke Moore - https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43171/a-visit-from-st-nicholas
Round 3. The Nativity
13. 'The Power Of Love', Frankie Goes To Hollywood - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyoTvgPn0rU
The video for this song was based on The Nativity, or birth of Jesus Christ. What gifts did the Three Wise Men bring to Bethlehem?
14. 'When A Child Is Born', Johnny Mathis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF-NmJ80jEU
What date is the feast of 'The Epiphany' (early Christians celebrated this as Jesus’s birthday)?