Famous Mums & Dads
As it is 'Father's Day' on 21st June, we started by sharing a picture of our fathers and saying a little about them. Some members who were fathers brought pictures of their children. It was a lovely way to start the session.
We then moved on to our picture and music quiz. The 'share screen' facility on 'Zoom' (other providers are available) allowed members taking part in our 'Virtual CST Friendship Group' at home to see full screen images and video clips.
Loud singalongs were pretty much the order of the day!
1. Who are the famous father and son in this photo?
We started with an easy facial recognition question. Everyone thought he is a decent chap and probably a very kind father.
2. Who are the famous father and son in this photo?
Clue. "I'm Spartacus!"
3. Who are the famous father and daughter in this photo?
Clue: She starred in the 1961 film 'Whistle Down The Wind'.
4. Who are the famous actors in this photo, who starred as father and son in the 2004 film 'Meet The Fockers'?
5. Who are the famous father and daughter in this photo?
Clues: He starred in a 1969 film called 'Midnight Cowboy' and she starred in a 2001 film called 'Lara Croft: Tomb Raider'.
6. Who are the famous father and daughter in this photo?
Clue: They had a hit single with a song called 'Something Stupid' in 1967.
SONG. This provided us with out first singalong. We found videos of songs with lyrics provided, as far as we could. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMQM9kEBRWI
7. What was the daughter's other 1966 number 1 hit?
8. Who are the famous father and son in this photo?
Clue: The father starred in a 1978 film called 'Invasion Of The Body Snatchers'.
9. Who are the fictional father and son in this photo?
10. Which 1977 film, did they first feature in together?
11. Who are the famous actors in this photo, who starred as father and son in the 1972 film 'The Godfather'?
12. Who are the famous actors in this photo, who starred as father and son in the 1989 film 'Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade'?
13. Bonus question: Is it possible for them to be father and son in real life, in terms of age difference?
14. Who are the actors in this photo, who played father and son in the TV comedy 'Steptoe And Son'?
This led us to our next song. 'My Old Man's A Dustman', by Lonnie Donegan - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7alT1Ae4_U0
15. Listen carefully, what trousers were worn in this song?
16. Who are the father and daughter in this photo. They starred together in the 1973 film 'Paper Moon'?
17. Who are the famous father and daughter in this photo?
Clue: He fronted the band 'Black Sabbath'.
18. Who are the famous father and son in this photo?
Clue: The father was guitarist in the band 'Spandau Ballet'.
19. Who are the famous father and son in this photo?
Clue: The father had a hit with the 1981 single 'Begin The Beguine'.
20. Who are the famous father and daughter in this photo?
21. Bonus question: How much is the father's wealth estimated at (nearest guess)?
SONG. Our next song was, of course, by 'The Beatles'. 'Hey Jude' was inspired by Paul McCartney's son, Julian - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qMls5yxP1w
22. Who was Paul first married to?
23. Who are the famous fathers and sons in this photo?
Clue: The father starred in the 1979 film 'Apocalypse Now'.
24. Who played the part of Norman Bates and his mother in the 1960 film 'Psycho'?
Our few final photographs were of famous mothers and their children ...
25. Who played the parts of Edina Monsoon and her mother in the TV sitcom 'Absolutely Fabulous'?
26. Which famous mother and daughter are pictured here?
Clue: The mother starred in the 1952 film 'Singing In The Rain'.
27. Which famous mother and daughter are pictured here?
Clue: The daughter had a hit single in 2001 with 'Murder On The Dancefloor'.
28. Which famous mother and daughter are pictured here?
Clue: The daughter starred in the 1972 film 'Cabaret'.
29. Which famous mother and son are pictured here?
30. Bonus question: As well as being "Prince Of Wales', the son is also Duke of which two places in the UK?
31. Finally, name the famous mother and son (full name) in this photo?
Clue: His dad's name is Harry!
SONGS. We finished with a bit of a singalong before points were counted.
Our first was 'Grandad', by Clive Dunn - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlDNPX3pTs0
32. Which part did Clive Dunn play in the TV sitcom 'Dad's Army'?
Our next was 'Father And Son', by Cat Stephens - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yERildSsWxM
33. What is Cat Stephen's name now?
And we finished with 'California Dreaming', by The Mamas And Papas - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ53_yJ7tKw
34. Which song did the 'Mamas And Papas' have named after a day of the week?
1. Prince William & George
2. Kirk Douglas & Michael Douglas
3. John Mills & Hayley Mills
4. Dustin Hoffman & Ben Stiller
5. Jon Voight & Angelina Jolie
6. Frank Sinatra & Nancy Sinatra
7. 'These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
8. Donald Sutherland & Keiffer Sutherland
9. Luke Skywalker & Darth Vadar
10. 'Star Wars'
11. Marlon Brando & Al Pacino
12. Sean Connery & Harrison Ford
13. It's not possible for him to be his father, as there is only 12 years between them!
14. William Bramble & Harry H Corbett
15. 'Cor blimey trousers'
16. Ryan O'Neal & Tatum O'Neal
17. Ozzy Osbourne & Kelly Osbourne
18. Martin Kemp & Roman Kemp
19. Julio Eglasias & Enrique Eglasias
20. Paul McCartney & Stella McCartney
23. Martin Sheen, Charlie Sheen & Emelio Estevez
24. Anthony Perkins played both
25. Jennifer Saunders & June Whitfield
26. Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher
27. Janet Ellis & Sophie Ellis-Bextor
28. Judy Garland & Liza Minelli
29. Queen Elizabeth & Prince Charles
30. Duke Of Cornwall & Rothesay
31. Meghan (nee) Markle & Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor
32. Lance Corporal Jones ("Don't panic!")
33. Yusuf Islam
34. 'Monday, Monday'