Summer of Love Music Quiz
1. Sailing By - Shipping Forecast music
2. Woodstock - Joni Mitchell. What year did Woodstock Music Festival take place in? 1969
3. Flowers In The Rain - The Move. What are members' favourite flowers? Go around the room.
4. Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles. What was Strawberry Fields? A SALVATION ARMY HOME THAT JOHN LENNON USED TO VISIT AS A CHILD AND LATER DONATED MONEY TO
5. Love Is All Around - The Troggs. Which Scottish band later re-recorded this song and had a massive hit with it? WET WET WET
6. Waterloo Sunset - The Kinks. Can anyone name any other London mainline stations? EUSTON, ST PANCRAS, KINGS CROSS, PADDINGTON
7. Nights In White Satin - The Moody Blues. Who was the lead singer? JUSTIN HAYWARD
8. Aquarius, Let The Sunshine In - The 5th Dimension. What are members' star signs? Does anyone read their Horoscope?
9. Itchycoo Park - Small Faces. Is Itchycoo Park a real place? NOT REALLY. ITCHYCOO REFERS TO STINGING NETTLES IN THE PARK WHERE STEVE MARRIOTT GREW UP AND LATER VISITED FOR DRUG TAKING
10. Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys. The Beach Boys are associated with the surfing community. Has anyone ever surfed or dived in the sea, or used snorkel and goggles and flippers?
11. California Dreaming' - The Mamas & The Papas. Can anyone guess what this song is about? HOMESICKNESS
12. The House Of The Rising Sun - The Animals. Where were this group originally from? NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
13. Marrakesh Express - Crosby, Stills & Nash. Where is Marrakesh? MOROCCO
14. Up, Up and Away - The 5th Dimension. Can anyone think of other forms of air travel in addition to a Hot Air Balloon? HANG GLIDER, PARACHUTE, LIGHT AIRCRAFT, HELICOPTER, JUMBO JET, CONCORDE
15. Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off of You. What was Frankie Valli's backing group known as? THE FOUR SEASONS
16. The Look Of Love - Dusty Springfield. Does anyone know Dusty's original name? MARY O'BRIEN
17. Let's Spend The Night Together - The Rolling Stones. Which ex-wife of lead singer Mick Jagger is now married to the media mogul Rupert Murdock? JERRY HALL
18. Mr Tambourine Man - The Byrds. Can anyone think of any other percussion instruments in addition to the Tambourine? CYMBALS, TRIANGLE, TIMPANI, SNARE DRUM, BASS DRUM
19. Daydream Believer - The Monkees. Who wrote this song? NEIL DIAMOND
20. Mellow Yellow - Donovan. What flower does the spice Saffron come from? CROCUS
21. All You Need Is Love - The Beatles. Singalong
22. Respect - Aretha Franklin. What does TBC in the lyrics mean? TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS
23. A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procol Harum. What does Trip The Light Fantastic refer to? TO DANCE NIMBLY OR LIGHTLY
24. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds - The Beatles. Why is this song thought to be about taking psychedelic drugs? IT IS THOUGHT LUCY. SKY. DIAMONDS. SPELLED OUT L.S.D.
25. Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison. Which part of the UK does Van Morrison come from? NORTHERN IRELAND (BELFAST)
26. San Fransisco - Scott McKenzie. What is the name of the infamous prison in San Fransisco Bay? ALCATRAZ